Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The HTC One Variant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    well its a non user replaceable battery so I would have hoped that they would put in the largest battery they can find but still battery companies really need to step up their game and have some new innovations
    You dont even know the the battery time as yet.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Default HTC One X gets rooted

Despite the fact that regular consumers can’t get their hands on the One X by HTC quite yet, that hasn’t stopped some intrepid individuals out there from managing to gain root access before retail availability. Things like this have happened in the past, so it’s not all that uncommon or shocking. More than anything, it’s a good sign that the development community who have been fans of HTC-branded devices in the past, shouldn’t be all that disappointed with the upcoming device’s wide release.

The device has been rooted courtesy of MoDaCo, and they’ve pulled out all the stops. Instead of a long, drawn-out process, MoDaCo has created a Superboot, which will let you root the One X in one, simple action. No adb commands, and no real fussing. Just a boot image that gets the job done, and your root access guaranteed.

It is said to work with Mac, Linux and Windows and it is reportedly fully capable with the full retail handset. Go ahead and head through the link below to learn more.

SOURCE

Default HTC One S Gets Fried With 10,000 Volts of Electricity For Durability And Design [Vid]

Back when the HTC One S was first announced, HTC mentioned a little something on the unique process that went into creating the device’s durable, ceramic-like unibody skin. Described as “micro-arc oxidation,” some of this process was shown in their wrap up video and now, they’ve decided to highlight this little known “feature” of the device, and give us a little more back story with the some of the designers who helped make this possible.

Micro-arc oxidation starts off with aircraft aluminum (that would look cool enough as-is on a smartphone) that is zapped with around 10,000 volts of electricity that almost makes the metal catch fire. The result? A new metal with a ceramic type coating that is 3 times stronger than stainless steel and 50 times stronger than adamantium. Pretty impressive.

There’s been a lot of talk about ceramic cased smartphones making their way around the rumor mill. It’s been said that Samsung will offer a device — the Galaxy S III — with a ceramic casing and while that doesn’t sound too durable, maybe it’s using a process similar to HTC. I’ve seen the a couple of hands-on videos around the net and apparently the rough surface provides great grip and can even file a finger nail if you scratch it. You can check out the (excessive?) process in HTC’s new video below.

nice HTC ..nice .
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

I hope it is also on the One X
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

HTC all the way man, my goodness, look at that phone. I've always been a fan of HTC, all of their phones are impressive. No way I can afford any of these, so I may as well stick with getting the Sensation 4G instead. With all the improvements for it over at XDA, I know it certainly won't disappoint.

~Des
    .::i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS9700 HSF / MSI GTX 760 OC Gaming / ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 / 2x8GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3 / XFX PRO 750W PSU / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD, WD 1x500GB, 1x750GB 1x1,000GB / 2xDVD ODD / Sound Blaster Z / EarForce X12 Surround Headset / Logitech G15 Keyboard & MX518 Mouse / 27" Samsung 1080p HDTV::.

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    You tempting me to move to this new rom...

EDIT: Does the beats flash work with this ics?
    I haven't flashed Beats, as Willy said it seems to be a bit buggy after a couple days of usage. My BFF is having lots of FCs on her SGSII.. I am going to flash the Criskelo ROM on her phone tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Was bored so I just flashed ICS Nostalgia - M4 V5.3 to my SGS. Talk about clean. I wish I could flash it to my Transformer as well.
    Send on the URL... I wanna try it too
    Last edited by Cultus; Mar 28, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Default HTC One S Running T-Mobile Software Handled On Video In The Wild

Update: As a number of you have pointed out, there is no T-Mobile branding on this device, but it’s clearly running T-Mobile software. We’re not sure if this is an older model that was used for testing, but it’s an HTC One S running T-Mobile software and that still excites us.

OH HAI! Thanks to a TmoNews tipster who just dropped off this YouTube clip showing off the upcoming HTC One S running T-Mobile software. It’s beautiful, it’s sleek, it’s beautiful and I want it as the camera looks magnificent. Yes, I said I want an Android phone — don’t all be shocked at once! Seriously though, enjoy the two minutes and twenty-three seconds of HTC One S goodness.

Thanks J!
    SOURCE

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/27/h...-x-uk-pricing/

The One X pricing has been revealed and it is just as I feared I guess when it is released I will have to scour ebay looking for a deal
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Supposedly benchmarked by an employee of AT&T who is testing it out
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000