Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IOS Apps for Majority of the Users , New or Experienced

Default IOS Apps for Majority of the Users , New or Experienced

*This is for Mainly IOS Users new or experienced & Please all you trolls out there stay out of this thread if you have nothing actually useful to submit to the list*
    *I Will not add any Variation of Games to the list , Since those are actually not exactly useful in any situation *
    After realizing that Majority of IOS users that don't seem to know how to use their device , Nor anyone actually helping IOS users by telling em a few apps that could maybe help them.
    I decided to make this thread , This is currently a list of apps i have personally used and deem useful for everyday tasks .
    Please Feel free to suggest a few apps not listed here , that you also find useful and tested personally.
    ill update the list frequently , as time progresses

Link Colour Code : Free / Paid

Social :
    Whatsapp - Messenger thats supported on all Mobile OS and Contacts are added scanning by your Contact list / Phonebook to see if anyone of them have the app
    Twitter - im pretty sure everyone know what twitter is ...
    Tweetbot - Its for Twitter addictive users
    Skype / Skype Ipad Edition - Send and receive international calls online.
    Textplus - Free Texting to the Us & Canada ( Requires internet )
    Alien Blue / Alien Blue Ipad Edition - One of the Best Reddit clients i have found so far .
    Facebook - that social club that i find annoying ...
    Foursquare - Check in your favorite locate spot in your area and post your experience .. some companies actually give prizes for checking in .. but thats like rarely .. and i mean rarely
    Mango IRC - for all your irc pleasure.
    imo-instant-messenger - IM that supports many major clients like msn , yahoo , facebook , skype , Aim and Icq to name a few .

Browsers :
    Opera - Data Consumption is your issue ? , well this might help you save data by compressing the pages you browse through their servers then to you .
    Dolphin / Dolphin Ipad Edition - Fast and fun way to Browse the web using Gestures

Photography :
    Camera+ - One of the best apps on the market for some beautiful shots and editing & cropping
    Photosynth - Create your own 360 Degrees Panorama shots
    Turboscan - Create Scanned Documents by using your camera which can be saved as a pdf , jpeg , pnf on the go ( i find this useful for receipts , invoices and fax docs .. )
    Instagram - Great for making vintage photos

Media :
    Remote - Simple Put a Remote to Control your Itunes library on the wifi network.
    isafeplay - Media player that supports avi / mp4 / m4v / mp3 / wmv .. and it allows you to download vids from youtube , metacafe , veoh just to name a few and other files.
    Shoutcast Radio - Good ole Fashion internet radio !
    Pandora Radio - another popular internet radio service
    iheartradio - another popular internet radio service
    tunein-radio - another popular internet radio
    Shazam - Music Recognition / Identifier
    Soundhound - Music Recognition / identifier
    livestream - exactly as its title , watch live streams around the world
    Ustream - Its similar to live stream but a different server ... current version seems to crash alot .. need to wait for update
    Vevo / Vevo Ipad Edition - To watch all your favorite music vids streaming and it also scans your library to find music videos linked to your library

Network :
    Airport Utility - To manage Airport Devices : Airport Express / Airport Extreme / Time Capsule
    Speedtest.net Mobile - Test your Network bandwidth.
    Splashtop / Splashtop Ipad Edition - Best Remote Desktop app, i have used so far ..
    Touch-mouse - Makes your IOS Device into a wireless mouse / keyboard for your pc.
    Pc-monitor - as title , manage and monitor pcs on the network anywhere
    Vpn-express - this is technically free for a certain bandwidth but you can gain more if you invite others to join

News Feed :
    Pulse / Pulse Ipad Edition - Creates a Mosaic from a large collection of news feeds customizable to your interest.
    Flipboard - It Collects News from Many Sources suited to your needs and give a unique way of interaction by flipping through the pages.

Navigaton:
    Spyglass - a Fun AR ( Augmented reality ) Navigator
    Garmin-Streetpilot - Currently the only Good Gps app that supports Jamaica .. and has turn by turn voice prompts

Misc :
    Ringtone-maker - Create Custom Ringtone from your music Library.
    illumination - FlashLight with tap / Strobe / Morse code patterns.
    iseismometer - Very Sensitive Seismometer to detect motions of the ground.
    Qr reader - does exactly as it is titled..
    Webmd - Medical information and symptom checker
    medscape - Advance Medicine and procedures , good to know your meds info..
    Last edited by FossilWolf; Feb 16, 2012 at 08:40 PM.

SoundTracking: Music Identifier & Share.

Live Profile:cross platform messenger for .

Kik: Cross platform messenger for Android, Blackberry, Ovi, Windows phone and ios.

Tango: Cross platform Video calling. Android, Windows, ios and PC.

Merriam-Webster: Dictionary

Add more later. mi tiyad!
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Apparently i maxed the first post , who knew there was a limit ..

Social ? :
    Emoji - Enable you to have a Custom Emotion icon Keyboard layout installed , please note that only other IOS users can actually see the icons ..
    Textpics - Lets you add pictures created by texts to your conversation (results may vary ) , and create fun custom texts like ˙˙˙ ǝɹoɯ puɐ ǝsǝɥʇ ǝʞıl
    Google+ - I honestly Hate this app and its Social network ... Added this for the people that might enjoy this ..

PhotoGraphy :
    Tourwrist - Take 360 Degree Photos , view and share others work as a tour .
    Fotoyaki - Take photos and edit with various filter , and this has unique mosaic filters .

Network :
    Dropbox - Free Cross platform Cloud Storage
    Hotspot shield Vpn - Only Free for the first 7 days .. Price rates aint half bad , suggest to test for 7 days and if it fast enough , before paying for a subscription .
    Air Sharing - Can be used a Wireless Storage on the Same Network , and Supports Many Cloud Servers and SSH to your Mac .
    Evernote - THis a CrossPlatform Note Management so you never lose track of any of your note and to do lists.

Media :
    TED Conferences - Watch TED Video Archives
    Itunes Movie trailers - definitely not essential to anyone , but meh its fun to browse and watch free trailers

News :
    Digg - View the Hot News Topics , voted up or down by follow users.

Misc :
    Minikeepass - Save all your passwords into a secure archive file , Password manager and is cross platform. only password you will need to remeber is one.
    1password / 1password pro - Just Like Keepass , it Secures your username and passwords .. it also alot easier to login sites and etc using this app in stead of going in and out of apps .
    Flighttrack / Flighttrack-Pro - Track Flights Live with detailed information of the entire flight , Pro version has the addition flight status board for all flights in the selected airport.
    Alarm-clock-radio - Alarm clock Set to play the internet radio station of your choice.
    Find my iphone - This is a Must Have , If someone has stolen your device this may help you recover it before its too late by using icloud.com you can track down your device and remotely lock / wipe the device , if your device is recently gone missing you can even make it sound the alarm remotely - suggested track it down and sound the alarm to find the location and you better have either cops or friends to assist you ..
    Sketchbook MobileX / Sketchbook Mobile - This has to be the Greatest Drawing app ever made ...
    Last edited by FossilWolf; Feb 19, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

Well done wolf continue the good job
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Good work....got a few I never knew about here.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by techdude View Post
    SoundTracking: Music Identifier & Share.
    Is this made by sony?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Is this made by sony?
    Nah a company called schematic labs..
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Quote Originally Posted by lojikal View Post
    Good work....got a few I never knew about here.
    I agree that this is a great list. Kudos
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Well compiled list of apps well done man
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Default Send free text and make free calls

Here is a really nice aps for your list "VIBER" it allows you to make free calls and send free text, free pictures and free files.

Viber
    My Web sites: Jamaica Weather: http://jaweather.com , Best Smart DNS Service: http://bestdnsservice-usa.com , Phone Unlocking & Iphone Chargers: http://iphone-charger.net , Live Soccer TV: http://live-soccer-tv.net