Thread: Tip: Using paypal with Jamaican Visa cards

Default Tip: Using paypal with Jamaican Visa cards

Just a tip: When your using paypal with your Jamaican Visa debit or credit card, if your account is in US currency, make sure you call paypal customer care and make them change the currency setting for your card to USD because the default setting is JMD and if your bank account is in USD and you make a transaction, they will charge you an unnecessary currency conversion fee of about $30, plus they'll withdraw more than the required amount from your bank account since their recognizing it as JMD. So take my advice... I learned that the hard way.

Good to know, suh how much money dem over charge yuh and did you get it back?

There's a way to do it urself from their website
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

Thanks man i will update mine
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

I have a Local JM paypal as well as a US .. and none have JM Dollars as a Selectable currency.. Both my accounts are set to USD by Default
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Thanks again just called paypal account currency was indeed jamaican had them changed it to USD immediately good post
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    There's a way to do it urself from their website
    Not as far as I know bruh

no you would have to call cust serv

If you go to Conversion Options and select "Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice." it will be billed as US$ assuming you buy from an american seller or if you select USD when telling the amount to pay then you're good to go. A friend of mine was having that problem sometime back and he told me that he was being charged more than he should because they were converting his US to jamaican and some bag a garbage so I sent him there and he said all issues fixed now. It will remain on that option for future payments until you revert to the other option
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

ok i will have to check out that option