Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iphone 4/4s questions

Gps works fine on the phone/device iphone 4s just fine, Now where siri is concern she gets her information directly from the apple servers, Now jamaica doesnt even offer iphone 4s as yet so there aint no maps currently in the siri data @ apple for jamaica. So searching for places in jamaica is not available just yet, But siri works fine other wise can do everything else with her apart from location service in ja. Where data is concern its the same amount or a little more than blackberry service 2300 via lime @ full 3g speed.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

3G works fine and yes I am waiting on the jailbreak to decide whether or not to keep this thing. Typing is a joke without swype (for those of you that never tried swype, you won't understand). Unfortunately the screen size will still be tiny with the jailbreak - the extra 1/4" made it possible not to have to zoom every page when browsing on this. You have to immediately zoom to be able to read any text on a website with the 4s. Data plan is very affordable. I have the 1GB plan from Lime - I think it is $2000 a month and NEVER used 40% of it (I have an app always to watch my data). I have wifi at home and work so that helps. It is just laziness why I haven't gone and downgraded to the 500mb plan ($1000 I think). The good thing about lime is that if you reach your quote before the billing cycle ends, it just drops you to edge, no extra charges. I think the BB plan is $2500 a month, if you can do without BB messenger, get 3G!

As for siri in Jamaica, yes it works. My wife has the iphone 4 with lime 3g and her voice activation is MUCH faster as it isn't server based like siri, it is in the software of the phone. I really think I would prefer it since I don't use siri that much except to call or text people, maybe turn on and off my alarm. The GPS works pretty good too. Can't set up siri to know my address as it only knows the street, not the number of the house on the street. Kind of annoying. Might be a way around it but haven't had the patience to figure it out. Siri can be amazing but we are the guinea pigs here, I think the Iphone 5 if it has a bigger screen and an improved siri might be a more worthwhile machine. I'm sure I'm not taking full advantage of it also, but we'll see in time.

Still missing my droid (swype, screen size, widgets, drag and drop) and the thought I could have saved over $200 us if I bought the galaxy s ii. Interesting how iphoners wait for the jailbreak to do anything close to what the droid lets you do without any hacks. So far the pros for the iphone over the droid are ; the app selections for iphones are much better, music quality is pretty amazing, Speaker phone is LOUD and clear, facetime is AWESOME (much smoother than sype), imessage saves some money (when messaging other iphoners/ipaders) and is built into the stock message app (we all have too many message apps), small screen but resolution is really nice (compared to my captivate - haven't seen a galaxy2 yet), camera is impressive and battery life is very good. Though tired of coverting my video downloads to play in itunes/iphone - it's like downloading twice. Will update when I jailbreak it...still waiting.
    Last edited by islandracer; Dec 30, 2011 at 08:56 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note - Lime 3G/4G(?)
    Apple Iphone 4S Factory Unlocked - Lime 3G - SOLD - GOOD RIDDANCE
    Samsung Captivate - Lime 3G - Retired/FOR SALE
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Tmobile - Sold

jomo Guest

Good stuff

Well I'm guessing the touch screen call back problems i used to have would still affect me... Hv call mi the other day bout sumn i had for sale and a few minutes later i guess his pocket called me... LOL, i cannot run dem risk deh...

Isn't there an app where you need to tap twice to make a call or some kind of lock on calls? Even a code?

Still want an iphone even to use as an ipod when jogging or working out...

I see no reason for this thread at all!!!! Considering the author I really do not expect anything else.
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

iPhone 4, 16g for sale!!!!
    Phone needs to unlock.
    It is lock to claro and lime need to open to digicel
    Jailbroken to 5.0.1 firmware
    Perfect condition- 9/10.
    Charger included
    Price $35 000 negotiable.
    Serious buyers only call or text: 561-2466

Quote Originally Posted by kemaney14 View Post
    iPhone 4, 16g for sale!!!!
    Phone needs to unlock.
    It is lock to claro and lime need to open to digicel
    Jailbroken to 5.0.1 firmware
    Perfect condition- 9/10.
    Charger included
    Price $35 000 negotiable.
    Serious buyers only call or text: 561-2466
    This is the wrong thread for this. This not a good way to make your first post (hence the reason for the >150 post requirement).
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Interesting, when I had legitimate questions about an idevice, could not get any support at all. Had to literally figure out everything on my own. Cool
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    could not get any support at all
    I assume that you meant that you posted your queries here. If so, I don't see any reason why any of us would refuse to assist you.
    If there are any further queries, I'd more than happy to assist you.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Interesting, when I had legitimate questions about an idevice, could not get any support at all. Had to literally figure out everything on my own. Cool
    Lol this is where that funny vid posted in the tech humor comes in ... About stop reposting and look in categories and the search bar..

Honestly though thought everyone read this topic especially .. Since it was the one and only Jomo asking them
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

Let me rephrase, I might sound ungrateful, I had support, But I thought it would have been more.

FossilWolf, you obviosly dont know me and what I am talking about. Furthermore I searched the site thoroughly before creating my thread.... kmt

+++

*its too early in the morning Christine, remember what your therapist said....
    Last edited by crisis; Mar 12, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple