Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iphone 4/4s questions

jomo Guest

Default iphone 4/4s questions

Ok I'm an ex-iphone lover, thinking of dropping back in the camp so answer these questions please, I used to have plenty 3g iphones apped and tweaked to the max (max meaning themes settings apps etc)

1. With an iphone 4 or 4s is it possible to use 4g when it is released?

2. Is it possible to use the iphone 4 as a mobile hotspot?

3. Are all the regular apps I used to love available free nowadays? Full screen caller id call blockers ringtone makers etc

4. Are VIDEO RINGTONES available to use?

5. Is the 720p recording able to hook up to a laptop ie use as a webcam?

6. What protective cases are available apart from the hideos otter box? Any steel surround cases? Or screen protectors that would stop shatter? If not any string attachment I could wrist mount the phone to avoid damage?

7. About customization, I'd get tired of the regular look quite fast, is there any other type of theme with icons etc like a HTC look with fold out time and date and widgets etc kinda like android look, if not what themes look different and smooth, would like it to not look like ios at first glance if you know what I mean, I have tons of pics of mine I tricked out with custom docks leaning sideways and all these things, so I know its possible. Just want to know what's CURRENT, pics would be good even If they aren't yours

8. What is the battery life like on a regular day?

9. What data plans are available? And how fast is the EDGE on the iphone 4 or 4s?

10. Are there any white iphone 4? And if not what option do we have to change colours like a skin or metal plating?

11. Are all 4 and 4s compatible with docking stations and component sets made for regular iphone?

12. PANDORA my car radio will use this feature in ipod/iphone will it STREAM internet radio with digicel EDGE? If not with 3g? If not would a wimax mobile hotspot be enough? I do alot of driving and I'd love that feature and would be good to make use of it even WITHOUT a data plan and just wifi, or, if I have a data plan on say a bb that has hotspot would 3g be enough to wirelessly stream?

13. What TV out does it have and does it support 1080p?

14. Any beats audio app?

15. Should one look for a 4 or 4s that's factory unlocked? I want no gevey sim or anything like that

16. My old ones would get rather hot, so much that itd burn my ears I'd need to turn down the brightness, is this still an issue? If so are there ways around it like a skin or case?

17. What message options are there apart from the regular? How is facebook chat? Seems to be getting popular on other devices!

18. Skype, how is this app used? I'm assuming its free, so any iphone with a data plan can use it, or any other person with a laptop and webcam can skype with me? Does it work well on regular speeds or is wifi neccesary?

19. Are the portable wireless chargers any good?

20. How soon will the iphone 4s be obsolete?

21. How soon will the iphone 4s price drop significantly? (I figure when the 5 comes out...)

22. What new features especially in terms of looks will the iphone 5 have? Any leaked pics?

23. How many of the above apply to the ipad 2 and can it make and receive calls? Apart from voip?

24. Are there still vibrate and tone options for typing on the keyboard? Is there an option to HEAR the letters types with SIRI or something? Or voice typing?

25. Any wireless keyboards available to use with bt or something?

26. Does apple make bluetooth headsets speciffically for the iphone?

27. Is there any app to allow mass data storage on the iphone?

28. Is the call volume and ESP ring volume improved nowadays? I could hardly hear my iphone 3gs ring I had to make louder ringtones in audacity and they sounded horrible

29. Are there any mirco sd adapters for the charger?

30. What if any are your negatives or cons regarding the iphone 4 and 4s? Any room for improvement etc?

Thanks all

Damn this one hella troll post ..
    1. No they wanted to maximize 3G capabilities
    2. Completely dependent on carrier or jailbreak it ..
    3. Ringtone makers are always free , apple don't support call blocking , i don't give a damn about caller Id .
    4. Video ringtone is non existent on ios
    5. 720p recording on 4 , 1080p on 4s unknown able tether cam but it should be possible
    6. Too many case options even full steel bands , screen shatter prevention dependent on case
    7. Themes customization only if jail broken ...
    8. dependent on the user , I'd they use heavy apps or heavy data usage .
    9. In using lime 3G data speeds at work is up to 5.9Mb/s as I posted in previous thread ..
    10. Stock colors are white or black , modified colors are available for the back cover
    11. Dependent on dock there are dock attachment fittings so it's easily suited to the Idevice
    12. I haven't used pandora in a while , last Time I used it was us only so if it works here now it shoul run fine as long as you have a decent data connection whether 3G or wifi
    13. The data adapter cable to digital out , I honestly haven't tested res
    14. Beats need to die ... Just die ....
    15. Factory unlock is worth it in the long run if you don't jailbreak the phone or plan to..
    16. Heating issue only applies if you were heavily using apYps before the call , feels more warm to me than hot ..
    17. Too many messengers apps it ain't funny , msn / aim / yahoo / icq / iMessage / Facebook / im+ / Skype just to name a few ..
    18. Skype works like how it normally does wifi is required Hvent test in 3G personally I rather save bandwidth ..
    19. They work fine , great for emergencies
    20. Just like any other device once the next generations comes out ..
    21. Your guess is spot on for this one
    22. No one honestly knows .. We are forced to wait and see..
    23. Unable to solve this question , iPad 2 doesn't support various messengers ..
    24. Voice typing that's app related like dragon or Siri , tones for keyboard is a yes the click options is there vibrate I believe not .
    25. Yes there are Bluetooth keyboards that are supported by ios
    26. Apple doesn't make Bluetooth headsets , but it does always support them
    27. With USB you can only read and view photo folder , but there are apps that makes the Idevice into a network storage so if your device is on the same wifi as the pc for example you can access it . Great for sharing on a network ..
    28. I honestly found the 4 to be loud and I work in a noisy workplace ..
    29. Actually yes there are adapters you can use to read memory cards ..
    30. Wish it was gorilla glass and wish apple wasn't evil and made Siri for 3Gs an upwards
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

1,2,3,4,5,7 answers are no.
    The battery life isnt great while you constantly use it. if you mostly have on standby then its good.

Mass storage i belive there is an app so you dont need itunes.

There is alot of room for improvement. well if the stuffthat it cant do matters to you.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

jomo Guest

thanks all, i meant micro USB adapter sorry, not micro sd, but thats interesting that it has card reader options, is it able to transfer files?

browsing through the answers it still seems as if apple nuh free up di ting how id like it and others would

no video ringtone is a bust, even my old nokia and se phones could do this, donkey years ago

the pandora being us only would be the deal breaker though as id want it to listen on my long drives from mobay to kgn every week synced with my pioneer 6300ub radio

anybody know for sure?

about the factory unlocked ones cant they jailbreak properly? what do i need to avoid here if i consider it, iphone 4 prices dropping fast, so i could just try out one soon i guess

I've had the Iphone 2, 3G, 3GS and then went to a samsung captivate. Bought the iphone 4, used it for a day or two, sold it and went back to my captivate. Bought a 4S this xmas to replace my captivate, and after 3 days, I think I will sell it and go get the galaxy s2. Not knocking the iphone, it is a great phone but when you get used to a larger screen, swype and unlimited customizing features (which yes - makes the droid very complicated, but if you're on this forum, it is manageable for you), going back to the iphone is VERY difficult. Get a factory unlocked one - it's a no-brainer as they're so easily available. Battery life on the 4s is pretty impressive. Easily all day with heavy use and 3G/Wifi always used. Screen resolution is pretty impressive also.
    Last edited by islandracer; Dec 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note - Lime 3G/4G(?)
    Apple Iphone 4S Factory Unlocked - Lime 3G - SOLD - GOOD RIDDANCE
    Samsung Captivate - Lime 3G - Retired/FOR SALE
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Tmobile - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by islandracer View Post
    I've had the Iphone 2, 3G, 3GS and then went to a samsung captivate. Bought the iphone 4, used it for a day or two, sold it and went back to my captivate. Bought a 4S this xmas to replace my captivate, and after 3 days, I think I will sell it and go get the galaxy s2. Not knocking the iphone, it is a great phone but when you get used to a larger screen, swype and unlimited customizing features (which yes - makes the droid very complicated, but if you're on this forum, it is manageable for you), going back to the iphone is VERY difficult. Get a factory unlocked one - it's a no-brainer as they're so easily available. Battery life on the 4s is pretty impressive. Easily all day with heavy use and 3G/Wifi always used. Screen resolution is pretty impressive also.
    When u selling it link me 8231485
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    When u selling it link me 8231485
    OK will keep in in mind. Going to test drive it for a few weeks. Waiting for the jailbreak to put swype on it and see if I can possibly make it a keeper. Also interested in apple tv etc to set up the house and link all devices. Apple is a more seamless experience, even if the droid is a better phone (for me personally). I'm tired of plugging in my laptop to the tv to watch a movie and my hard drive or mp3 player to stereo for music etc.
    Samsung Galaxy Note - Lime 3G/4G(?)
    Apple Iphone 4S Factory Unlocked - Lime 3G - SOLD - GOOD RIDDANCE
    Samsung Captivate - Lime 3G - Retired/FOR SALE
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Tmobile - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by islandracer View Post
    i was told that gps on the 4s doesnt work in jamaica becuase LIME needs to give apple permission or something of the sort, therefore when i attempted to use siri to get any information that required my location it didnt work (i played with one for a couple minutes the other day). can u comment on whether this is true or not? and also how affordable do u find the data plans?
    650W ULTRA PSU, GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L, EVGA GTS 250, OCZ 2GB DDR2 800, Intel E7400, OS: Mac OS X and Windows 7

Im 90% sure theres an app on cydia that can do video ringtones..

islandracer wait for the jailbreak to be released, it should be out soon, i hope =)

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    i was told that gps on the 4s doesnt work in jamaica
    GPS works in Jamaica, however the full functionality of Siri is still something to be desired.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread