View Poll Results: Will You Be Converting to Android for 2012?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I am comfortable with my current Non-Android Smartphone.

4 14.81%
  • Yes, I will be switching to an Android Powered Smartphone for 2012.

19 70.37%
  • Still Considering My Options, Not Sure as yet.

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I have converted to the Android Faith for 2012 & Beyond

Default I have converted to the Android Faith for 2012 & Beyond

Well I am about to open another chapter in my Tech Life for 2012.

I recently rejoined the Apple fold when I was initially blown away by the iPhone 4. Coming from the BlackBerry addiction (BBM) I needed to perform tasks that I could not execute on the restrictive BB Platform. I checked my options and realizing that my former love iOS could provide me with such novelties I ditched my Bold 9700 and procured the sexiest device on the planet the aesthetically appealing iPhone 4. Life was going good. I executed all my tasks without any glitches.

Funny thing is reality sure does have a nasty way of kicking in. Here I was thinking that my device was made of shatter proof scratch resistant glass, here I was thinking that I would NEVER need BT file transfers. WOW!!

All it took was one new contract with a client, and one youtube video, then my beautiful pseudo world of everything iPhone was ruined.
    Now I will creating ringtones for a local client, I plan on offloading some of this work onto my smartphone, build and send yea....not!! more like build then email....too slow and cumbersome. iPhone restriction No.1. I need a bigger screen to make my job a little easier. iPhone restriction No.2.

These two simple restrictions have now created the need for me to get a new smartphone. BlackBerry is totally out of the question. Symbian is a complete waste. Mango is yet to evolve, iOS is good for someone with simpler needs who doesn't care about being restricted.

My Only option is Android. I have toyed with the idea many times. I have procured the SGSII before and given it away. I guess I was just fighting the inevitable. Then it occurred to me, why not have the best of all worlds.

Considering that I own an iPad I really don't see the need anymore for owning an iPhone. In all honesty the iPad 2 is the best of the iOS World, which ultimately negates me having an iPhone. With that said Android is the only option I see now that makes perfect sense for a smartphone. I now need complete freedom, I need BT file transfers now because of work, so why not have the Best of Android on the Go, while having the simplicity of the iPad after a hard day of work, with everything culminating on my beautiful MacBook Pro... So as I did before I am now making it public on TechJamaica, Cultus is now fully converted to the Android Smartphone Faith. Anyone have a SGSII selling can send me a PM with the cost. I am not going to go through the hassle of buying a new one online then having to pay MailPack an arm and a leg for it, when it's an old phone soon to be replaced. I rather just get a used one locally or wait till the GSIII is released.

Check the Classifieds for Details Re my iPhone 4.

But moving on into 2012 and beyond, I don't want anyone to be surprised when I start spewing everything Android. Remember whatever technology I use I will always make it work for me. The question is How many Techies here will be doing the same thing for 2012. Will some of you be joining the Android World for 2012?

UPDATE: The iPhone was just Sold, bye bye Apple iPhone 4.
    My Official Unboxing Video of my Samsung I900G Galaxy S II : guys I work in media so it pains me to see poor quality video, please pardon me for the poor video quality as all of this was done is a rush to facilitate speedy iMovie exporting and quick YouTube uploading. I did it in 720p but it would have taken too long to export and upload in 720p. Worst when you rushing to get to the GYM. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Cultus; Dec 5, 2011 at 06:30 PM.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Apple fold when I was initially blown away by the iPhone 4
    Really?

The only time I was blown away by apple was when I got an ipod.

Android hasnt blown me away either, cause I have seen all this on symbian.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

LOl already converted been using the Galaxy S2 since August coming from ios. Loving it so far no complaints.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Yea I figured as much Technocrat. I should be saying the same thing in a few weeks time. Question are you using it on LIME's network. I am toying with the idea of buying one from LIME. Anyone here using LIME's GSII....? as in purchased from LIME and on their network? Is it easy to unlock and use on Digicel's network? I might just buy one for Christmas as gwaan use till the GSIII is here. I hate being such a Tech Junkie, is like when I need a fix I need it NOW!! no waiting..
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

You need another option for Already converted and there's no looking back. I did my no hassle and long overdue conversion from the BB fully in Sept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    I hate being such a Tech Junkie
    This is one of the things I've long since embraced lol It's an interesting life I tell you
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Dec 4, 2011 at 06:43 PM.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

lol embrace the urge. I am on Claro network with mine. Mine is newegg bought so was fully unlocked.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
    lol embrace the urge.
    Exactly what I did.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

It seems everyone is joining the android camp. I got my xperia arc last night & I'm loving it so far I should have made the switch a long time ago
    DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500)
    Tab: Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0

LOL welcome to the fold brother.

lmao @ these comment i just sold my android phone back to the ios and loving it, Battery life is much better now thank goodness.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1