Thread: Calculator

Yung_Jah Guest

Default Calculator

Any one have done a GUI java program of this (as stated in title)?

Been searching through google, but none seems to be working.

Just need a basic calculator that looks close to the link below

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lator_Icon.png

[If u can PM a working one, I'd appreciate that]

I did one about a year ago, not sure if I can find it. What exactly do you need help with?
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Yung_Jah Guest

Basically how to design the calculator...It should resemble the one on computer or near to. Been trying to research on what are the necessary stuff I'd have to type. In my mind I know I have to create a box, using Jpanel and some other object (or am I confusing myself...is it object, data type or variable?)

Here's what I'd do:
    • Add JButtons and a JTextField to a JPanel. The JTextField should be locked.
    • Declare the necessary variables, especially 1 for MS button which will store the current content of the JTextField. The MR button should recall what u stored using MS to the JTextField.
    • The numerical and computational buttons should add their respective character to a temporary variable and the JTextArea.

Take a few minutes and do a psuedocode for this app and you'll see how easy it is to create.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.