Thread: Drawing graphics/gui in C++

Default Drawing graphics/gui in C++

I'm currently doing C++ course at university right now, first time doing C++, but I have done Visual Basic before, so not a stranger to programming.

My lecturer has given me a challenge that I am looking to take on and need some guidance with it. She has asked me to create program with a ball that bounces when you click on it. Says I could even let it gain some velocity/momentum as well.

This is NOT part of my course work, but an extra challenge for me personally. So I am doing it in my extra time. The course is only teaching us building blocks of C++.

Soooo, that story aside, I am trying to find some info on drawing a GUI or graphics using C++ so I can create this 3d ball program. I done some googling and read about a graphics library like QT, and 3D programs like MAX3D.

Which do I need or use?

I am currently using CodeBlocks as my IDE.
    Any guidance from the C++ guru's here appreciated.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

I Hope you find it because it sounds interesting. I haven't really done any GUI stuff in c++.
    Pc= Hp dv6t

try linking up Owen i saw where he created a game in C for the Wii more than likely he'd be able to help u with C++

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...n-C-on-the-Wii

Thanks Flexx. Spoke with Owen on messenger. He says I can go with Qt to do what I want.

Just right now, having problems getting a Qt demo project to compile in Codeblocks. Seems I need to put the library files into the same folder that my executable is in.
    C++ has been out a while, would have thought there were more mature editors to use, apart from Visual C++.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    C++ has been out a while, would have thought there were more mature editors to use, apart from Visual C++.
    My sentiments exactly....lol @ mature im guessing u mean "easier to use"

personally i Hate Programming.....ugghh

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    My sentiments exactly....lol @ mature im guessing u mean "easier to use"

personally i Hate Programming.....ugghh
    Easier to use, yeah, could say that. Have to do a lot of nick picking to get these libraries to work with my editor. I heard it's easier with Visual C++.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Easier to use, yeah, could say that. Have to do a lot of nick picking to get these libraries to work with my editor. I heard it's easier with Visual C++.
    yeah it should be ....i mean most a these editors are less than say 1gb but Visual C++ is like 3gb+ so all that extra space n coding must be good for something...right

Am just starting C++ and while looking for IDEs visual studio was rated as the best but it was to darn bulky for me. I tested a few including DevC that the teacher is using but i ended up settling with NetBeans IDE. To me it works well and very light. It uses Cygwin gcc and g++ to compile projects. Its also expandable so i'll be using it next year for php and java
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    yeah it should be ....i mean most a these editors are less than say 1gb but Visual C++ is like 3gb+ so all that extra space n coding must be good for something...right
    visual studio express is rather small