Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: programming assignment

Exclamation programming assignment

Can some one please help me. I am doing this course called Introduction to Programming and my lecturer isn't so supporting in helping us to understand the topic flowchart. Now, i have this assignment to carry in by the 3rd of october and don't even know the first step in starting the first question.

ok here's the first question of the assignment.
    Draw a flowchart that accepts two numbers that represents the length and breath of a rectangle and prints the area of the rectangle. After printing the area, ask the user if he wants to find the area of another rectangle - "Y" for yes and "N" for no.(This question is asked each time the area is printed). If he does, allow him to enter two more numbers and find the area again. IF the answer is no, the flowchart must be terminated.(Please ensure that you include a check to determine if an invalid character is entered).

Thanks for your cooperation.

You know seeing an example of what u attempt than basically ordering us to give you the answer would be much appreciated. Nothing beats a try

Google "programming flowchart". Tons of info there. Check out some of the google images as well. Tons more examples to get you started.

You gotta draw the various flow chart symbols to read and to output and to calculate, based on what the question asks you. And connect them all together.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Exactly what part don't you understand? We would need to know that if we're helping you.
    Here http://www.nos.org/htm/basic2.htm is a pretty good explanation of how to make flowcharts.
    IDK what to put in this sig..........

Quote Originally Posted by Yondaimeku View Post
    Exactly what part don't you understand? We would need to know that if we're helping you.
    Here http://www.nos.org/htm/basic2.htm is a pretty good explanation of how to make flowcharts.
    Great link, this will be helpful to get a better understanding of flowcharts to other persons.

@Dre'

No man. I wudnt want u to give me the answer just so......i wud want u to break it down for me so i can the understand the question and with this i can do another question using this example. the lecturer wont make it easy for me so i want to get enuff help on this course as much as i can zeen? jus help dont jus give me the answer.

@Arch_Angel
    Thanks man

@Yondaimeku
    ok.....i think i got the first part of it but the part that says to 'Please ensure that you include a check to determine if an invalid character is entered' thats the part i am not getting.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 25, 2011 at 08:55 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Kemar Lee

@pweezy-f

You would have to check if either are entered else you send them back to the decision screen (output in this case screen)

1. At the point you output a message for them to press Y or N.
    2. You would have 2 decision making box. one to check for Y and other N
    3. if its not equal to any of the following then simply send them an error message
    and back to the output message to select Y or N

I know i wasn't suppose to do this but It kinda easier to understand using images.

Added: You're assignment due 2:00 pm? you can always ask any of the year 3 yutes for a little explanation in the morning. check domino room
    Last edited by Dre'; Sep 25, 2011 at 09:47 PM.

Might i ask which school is this? as the assignment sounds rather familiar
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

I think its VTDI.....I've seen pweezy-f face around the compound before, if the profile pic is actually him
    Last edited by Dre'; Sep 25, 2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typo

znzn... yo miss march still up there?

a tink a have dat assignment some where.... wud have to dig up though

btw heres a hint
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...moPQe6IREIZ3cQ

you just have to add a decission symbol whether yes or no..... if yes you go back to get length..... if no then you point to end... hope this helps
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Sep 25, 2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........