Thread: The Windows 7 Tips,Tricks and Info Thread (continually updated)

Lightbulb The Windows 7 Tips, Tricks and Info Thread (continually updated)

The frequency in which Windows 7 info is been released is increasing to the point that it might be hard to keep track of it all. post links of such tips, tricks and info and i'll keep them all in one post.

the logo

Downloads

Articles

Tips + Tricks

Special Note
    Last edited by BlaqMale; Jun 26, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

One thing I did not find in this thread teh run feature u know run cmd that stuff I cant ifnd it in windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Alienware View Post
    One thing I did not find in this thread teh run feature u know run cmd that stuff I cant ifnd it in windows 7
    Just press the windows+R key to bring up that interface.

Found a great technical article on how Win 7 has been changed here. Seems there's a refurbished Windows inside of Window$...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Found a great technical article on how Win 7 has been changed here. Seems there's a refurbished Windows inside of Window$...
    isnt that how it always is, they just give it some body work and put that new os air freshner in it so it look n smell new

shouldnt this be stickied so we can have a central place to go when we want info on 7 rather than having to do a search n filter thru all the other threads that might (will) pop up?

i felt i needed to make a post before i could add this one to list.

i came across this article - Windows 7 Gmail Notifier Plus - http://windows7center.com/news/windo...notifier-plus/
    which took me to this thread - http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=777838
    i noticed that the file has been updated since the article (twice actually), I'm a member of neowin.net also so i get the updates.
    i took the liberty to host them for anyone here that might want to use it. i actually re-hosted version 1.1 that required a neowin account to download..

Version 1.2 publicly available here - http://www.mediafire.com/?aynkjwckzhm

>>>| download |<<<
    Last edited by BlaqMale; Jun 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM.

Default From Starter to Ultimate: What's really in each Windows 7 Edition?

With Windows 7, Microsoft has actually put together a basic feature set that makes sense across the board with a consistent upgrade strategy to move between versions based on your requirements and your budget. That is a first for the company and a huge improvement over Microsoft’s official Windows Vista feature list, which I once described as “practically incomprehensible … like a graduate thesis from the Rube Goldberg School of Business”. Every edition of Windows 7 contains all features of the previous edition, eliminating artificial divisions between consumer and business features. That makes the Anytime Upgrade strategy very clean and easy.
    Found this little gem here. This thread really needs to be stickied .
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

this addition requires a little explaining, it's actually 10 different articles but will share one title in the list above as

Top 10 Windows 7 Features - by betanews.com
    1. Action Center
    2. Device Stage
    3. XP Mode
    4. A worthwhile Windows Explorer
    5. Multitouch
    6. DirectX 11
    7. 'Play To' streaming media, courtesy of DLNA
    8. Automated third-party troubleshooting
    9. Native PowerShell 2.0
    10. Homegroup networking

to be edited when they publish all 10
    the articles are pretty detailed and includes pics and sometimes videos
    Last edited by BlaqMale; Jun 26, 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Thumbs up

Excellent post BlaqMale!
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!