Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blank Media & Quality

Default Blank Media & Quality

I recently just purchased a DVD writer. I don't want what has happend to me in the past with CDR's to happen with DVD (±R). Who likes copying something it works initailly u put it down then a couple of months later BAM it bad?!?!!? So I did some googling and came accross this article:
    Blank Media & Quality FAQ
    I hope this is as helpful to me as it might be to some of u guy(s)/gal(s). You might find some interesting information about the media u are currently buying.
    Last edited by Y@tta; Jul 12, 2005 at 01:12 AM.
    The limits you are living with right now, in very aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions.
    And they are holding you back.
    You are capable of far more than you think you are.

great link, i remember seeing an article once on how the different dye colours affected reliability maybe i can find it and post it also, keep your fingers crossed
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

Good link, lots of usefull info

DVD Media ID Quality Explained

How to find out your media ID code granted with this one it woudl be too late casue u would have already bought the blank DVD's
    The limits you are living with right now, in very aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions.

learn something new today, also gonna burn a few disk and test them to see what my burner and media quality looks like.

After reading through this article .... and checkign my media with Nero CD-DVD Speed and DVDINFOPro some of my media.... i can see that i shall be copying over some of my DVD's to a better quality DVD.
    Prevenation is better than cure

I need to do this at home. It looks interesting and NECESSARY!!

I have some memorex DVD's that i back up my anime on and the delete them from the hard drive. But if i can put them down and then them stop work..thats scary.

THANKS ALOT!
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

I hav a few dvds in my archive, i think i better go rescue them from thier ultimate demise.

This is an excellent article. I have long proclaimed that TDK is the best but man I was not aware there were better brands out there. I do have that Disc Info thingy will have to use. Thanx Yatta.

These fake discs are really getting on mi nevers. Verbatim's flismsy media that's the non branded one it's not bad still. Works pretty good. I have seen MATRIX on the list way at the bottom but the 8x ones that have orange and black on them give me really good burns.

I have had first hand Xperience with media just not working after being put down for a couple months so I should know.
    Last edited by icuucme; Jul 12, 2005 at 08:33 PM.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

The struggle continues....
    BUT it's all for a good cause :d