Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitman DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 benchmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Those some interesting benchmarks. Too bad I'm not wasting my money on an episodic game that might just end up being another Blood Money.

Also this game is free with newer AMD cards so that might explain why they have the edge over Nvidia in performance right now in those benchmarks.
    actually not too down on the episodic thing. first is $15, next ones are $10. Depends on the amount of content but the price seems sane. Heard you have nuff to keep doing in the game while waiting for next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    True. I am not interested in Hitman series. Never was.
    Tried it once long ago. slow pace and was kinda hard to get used to. Seemed quality though.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I actually played the first hitman back in the days when I got my first or second computer and it was good at the time because as with this new one, you had more than one way to do your missions and dragging a dead body was pretty cool at the time.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

So apparently this Async Compute technology AMD uses only give a 5-10% performance boost in Hitman so far. So why people keep saying this will be the answer to DX12?

Async Compute Only Boosted HITMAN’s Performance By 5-10% on AMD cards; Devs Say It’s “Super Hard” to Tune

Even in Ashes of the Singularity, which has been the center of the whole DirectX 12 & Async Compute talk for quite a few months, developers have confirmed that Async Compute is a modest performance increase compared to others in their game.
    Read more: http://wccftech.com/async-compute-bo...#ixzz443Jcrm4G
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

So apparently this Async Compute technology AMD uses only give a 5-10% performance boost in Hitman so far. So why people keep saying this will be the answer to DX12?

Read more: http://wccftech.com/async-compute-bo...#ixzz443Jcrm4G
    Pow atleast research on stuff before you talk about them please?

Sigh...

Async computing is the answer to dx12? How does that even make sense? Async compute is a feature of DX12. Also Hitman doesn't ever have alot going on screen so Async Compute won't do as much as it does in rts type games.

5-10% increase is still an increase. I'd rather have than not have it.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Pow atleast research on stuff before you talk about them please?

Sigh...

Async computing is the answer to dx12? How does that even make sense? Async compute is a feature of DX12. Also Hitman doesn't ever have alot going on screen so Async Compute won't do as much as it does in rts type games.

5-10% increase is still an increase. I'd rather have than not have it.
    Ok, apparently I don't know much about the other DX12 features because this the only one I keep seeing popping up when it comes to AMD and the edge it's going to have over Nvidias GPUS in DX12 mode, so share the knowledge on what else is there.

So your saying that this Ashes game then will have a significant difference between the AMD and Nvidia equivalent cards in DX12 mode? I want to see that significant difference.

Ok, apparently I don't know much about the other DX12 features because this the only one I keep seeing popping up when it comes to AMD and the edge it's going to have over Nvidias GPUS in DX12 mode, so share the knowledge on what else is there.

So your saying that this Ashes game then will have a significant difference between the AMD and Nvidia equivalent cards in DX12 mode? I want to see that significant difference.
    The reason why you see it always come up for AMD is because AMD cards from 7000 series has it and non of Nvidia's cards has it. So it will be the talk for AMD users as it boost performane instead of cripple like most other features.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Ashes http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...a-2-Benchmarks

And AMD cards are displaying more stuff on screen and still able to have higher fps thanks to ASync
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup