Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSN failure

PSN has been down since Wednesday night, 3 days ago! How's it that everyone's taking this so calmly? I guess everyone's out of town for the weekend.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th.
    Read more.

Well, I've used the time to catch up on some offline gameplay. Hope they resolve this soon.

are u mad i have been itching like a crackhead trying to quit, i can't wait to get back online i went home wedensday eveing in the mood to play black ops only to see that crap, but i following them on twitter they said they upgrading their frimware adn crap just hope they finish soon i miss paying online and GT5 is pretty much a coaster if u can't sign on to PSN

this is their lastest post on the matter

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

follow @playststionEU on twitter for updates if u want

any forecast as to when it will be up, I'm dying here.
    On that Pineapple Express to nowhere.

My guess says they'll be back by Wednesday the earliest. I take it lightly since I haven't seen a working PS3 for weeks, and won't until tomorrow either. But even then I think PSN down may be a good break for me to catch up with some offline gaming as BCK is doing. I have a bunch of games that haven't been beaten because I keep getting drawn into playing online. I can start by finally beating Uncharted 1.

Ohh personal info may have been compromised, check this out...
    Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the current outage of PlayStation Network & Qriocity services. We don’t have an exact date to share at this moment as to when we will have the services turned on, but are working day and night to ensure it is as quickly as possible. We are currently working to send the following message via email to all of our registered account holders regarding a compromise of personal information as a result of this malicious attack on our servers, so please look for this information via email as well. Please note that we are as upset as you are regarding this attack and are going to proceed aggressively to track down those that are responsible.

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer,

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened;
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...ervice-update/
    On that Pineapple Express to nowhere.

Sony is going to loose a lot from this. How can a password be compromised ... unless they were storing it in plain text and not encrypted?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Sony not the smartest tool in the shed. i.e. dem fool.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

thats y mi a pree fi hold a xbox enuh sony a joke and i c alot a ppl jumpin ship plus gears of war 3 beta drivin ppl crazy
    One plus one-CM11H44s

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sony is going to loose a lot from this. How can a password be compromised ... unless they were storing it in plain text and not encrypted?
    They could have them stored in a weak hash that could be cracked just like Windows hashes.

Good thing I didn't have any real info linked to my PSN account. This is seriously epic fail on Sony's part. Bad enough they got breached, but they took so long to notify people that their personal information could have been compromised.

If I had paid for PSN, or PSN plus, I would be feeling much worse now.