Thread: PTP Link Proposition

Lightbulb PTP Link Proposition

Latitude: 17.982921 | Longitude: -76.803679

Firstly I am presently unable to get access to Digicel Play within my area(rep I spoke to said they don't have any plans of coming to this area anytime soon or probably never), one of the downfalls of living in the inner city/ghetto.
    I had lime now flow (2mb most I can get even now) for a couple years but the service is not so great in my area lots of downtime/crappy service so had to end that, move to superwifi for a year or more(not available here anymore thanks to flow).

Presently using Caricel which as most of you know has turned to crap literally (have both the mifi device and the modem and am unable to get even 1mb dl most of the time from both), not looking to sign up for another year of poor service.

Any Techie here living near to those coordinates above with the ability to get Digicel Play or is presently subscribe and is willing to share Internet with a follow techie (not a freeloader, willing to pay as long as price is reasonable).

Just drop me a pm and mods if this is against Forum rules, your welcome to delete. Thanks.
    Last edited by newtothis; Dec 15, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

Suggestion would be to get some Ubiquiti directional antennas and sort it out. Don't live in Kingston though - sorry. Hope it works out. Post back and let us know.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Suggestion would be to get some Ubiquiti directional antennas and sort it out. Don't live in Kingston though - sorry. Hope it works out. Post back and let us know.
    Already did my research and bought some equipment (2 ubiquiti Litebeam m5), nearest relative that has the service and willing to help is in passage fort, near dyke road, already went to the Ubiquti site and did a PTP survey using their airLink software.

Unfortunately I am being blocked by the port, all those containers and cranes in the way, would have to mount on a very high pole on his side to overcome those obstacles, the airLink showed me that I needed at least a 60 feet pole just to clear the Harbor/port on his side as i am already quite elevated on my side.

Thanks Khat17, still here waiting on any takers of my offer.