Thread: GetFoldersize

Thumbs up GetFoldersize

Ever try to get the exact size of a system folder and got, larger then x MB? Or the HDD is so heavily fragmented that you don't get the accurate size of huge folders? Worst yet, Your DVD is a bit scratched and your device is reading slowly. Well this piece of freeware can address these problems more for you in the blink of an eye.

GetFoldersize allows you to determine the size of folders and sub-folders on your hard drive. Determine which programs are taking up your hard disk space. For each folder, you can display the total file size and the number of files and subfolders in the folder.

Features:
    Freeware for private and commercial use
    Determine the size of folders and sub-folders on drives, media storages, CD/DVDs, network shares...
    Fast scan algorithm
    Scan file and folder paths with an overall length of up to 32,000 characters and file and folder names containing Unicode characters
    Scan an unlimited number of files and folders
    Show the number of file and/or folder of all files and subfolders
    Display the file size in Bytes, Kilobytes, Megabytes and Gigabytes
    Print the folder tree
    Save the folder tree and information into a text file
    Start GetFoldersize and scan folders right from the windows explorer context menu

System Requirements:
    Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions)
    Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (all versions)
    Microsoft Windows Vista (all versions)
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (all versions)
    Microsoft Windows XP (all versions) *
    Microsoft Windows 2000 (all versions) *
    GetFoldersize also runs on the 64-bit versions of these operating systems.

* The portable Version of GetFoldersize don't support Windows XP without any Service Pack installed and Microsoft Windows 2000.
    HOMEPAGE
    Last edited by Anthon; Apr 26, 2010 at 12:09 PM.
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

zeeen not bad slowly reducing the pirate ways huh...
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.
    No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

This is a decent find. Will test it out. See some alternatives below tho.

WINDIRSTAT is good - Similar to KDIRSTAT on Linux. Totally free.

TreeSize Free does a pretty decent job as well. The Pro version is better tho, but I not paying for it with free alternatives.

FolderSizes is another good piece of software, but is gone payware. The free (older) version can be had online or from this link.

Space Monger is another good tool.

Of those listed the one I use is WinDirStat. Interface is nice and reminds me of KDIRSTAT on Linux.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    This is a decent find. Will test it out. See some alternatives below tho.

WINDIRSTAT is good - Similar to KDIRSTAT on Linux. Totally free.

TreeSize Free does a pretty decent job as well. The Pro version is better tho, but I not paying for it with free alternatives.

FolderSizes is another good piece of software, but is gone payware. The free (older) version can be had online or from this link.

Space Monger is another good tool.

Of those listed the one I use is WinDirStat. Interface is nice and reminds me of KDIRSTAT on Linux.

Windirstat FTW. nothing compares.
    THANK GOD