Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Nokia embraces Windows Phone 7 as its primary mobile OS

After reading through much of these posts i have come to the conclusion that most persons griping about this partnership are only griping because they would prefer to have android on a nokia phone, they arent griping because of functionality or lack thereof,only complaining because the like nokia phone design but not fond of the OS, remember techies YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    After reading through much of these posts i have come to the conclusion that most persons griping about this partnership are only griping because they would prefer to have android on a nokia phone, they arent griping because of functionality or lack thereof,only complaining because the like nokia phone design but not fond of the OS, remember techies YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY.
    I really dont have a problem with it though. i will sit back and watch what nokia and M$ does.

I am kinda upset because of lack of functionality. I heard M$ will allow nokia to add stuff. So i will just watch and see.
    Last edited by pezz; Feb 16, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    That is true, i dont think I ever saw a nokia add on tv.

So you expect serious replies when you spit crap "saying symbian doesn't respond to hardware upgrades"?

ignorance is a bliss.
    Yes.

I expect serious replies. You are young professionals.

Your boss says something stupid, what are you going to tell him ?

Firstly: You are assuming I am a person who is not receptive to correction.

However you did inform me of the Nexus S which I am very thankful for... but then you block sharing your own knowledge and abilities in the face of one persons perceived ignorance ?

Your dismissal is driven by hubris and contempt.

Your task as member of the elite is to educate, no matter how hard it is.

No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.

Ergo. The expertise in your head should not fuel your annoyance, but should properly divert me to information that debunks my previous assertions.

Is it too hard to use your hard earned expertise d to improve my knowledge by pointing me to documentation that clearly refutes the points in my argument.

Or is it so painfully difficult to overlook my assertions and begin to use disrespectful photos or words that serve only to devolve the discussion.

Ignorance simply means I do not know... there is no crime in that. My ego is not so warped.

I made assertions. thus when I use words like SEEM and APPARENTLY with a question sign at the end you should understand that I am making uncertain ASSERTIONS. I know I don't know.

If i am to be corrected, then correct me.

But then you are only human.
    Last edited by Gillion; Feb 16, 2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    Just do what you say you gonna do or communicate without being rude.

Technical merit alone cannot sell

You have to make it so that the product excites the marketing department.

Marketing is a part of the Symbian platform as well as SOCIAL SIGNIFICANCE in the US consumer consciousness.

That must be built into your platform as well.

So easy it sells itself.

Exactly.

The Nokia US presence has been weak for several years.

The N95 was the device that could have gotten Nokia firmly into the US market brand consumer consciousness. That device created much international buzz. But Nokia failed to leverage that device and pry open a solid place for themselves into the US market. Nokia failed to burn itself into American culture.

America is the worlds largest economy. That all that matters in capitalism.

That is the money maker.

Nokia must find a way to create a cultural phenomenon around a flagship device or devices.

iPhone is a phenom
    Blackberry is Phenom
    Android is becoming a Phenom

Why not Symbian devices ?

Whats wrong there ?

To the lay person and the investor... Symbian ? whats that ? Bah it sucks.

Thus, to the CEO of Nokia: "Symbian. Yes its technically advanced but it has NO impact on the kids at American colleges drinking beer out of a urinal. They have the money."

Symbian has to become culturally relevant. It has to demonstrate itself as some kind of cool new hip phenom. It has to become disruptive to the android iOS ecosystem.

As I said before. Technical merit is only one part of a platform... but technical merit that does not transform into social merit... cannot translate to cash.

N8, Symbian, avkon, UI whatever... does not produce the money in the US market in the final stretch. Therefore it sucks.

People hate to hear it but, America does = The World when it comes to capitalism and pure raw money.
    guess where they have been getting that money from lately?

China = Raw spending power
    man dar Jamaica zandegi mikonam.. JTW Magazine for all your analysis & financial news http://www.facebook.com/JtoMag1876JamaicaOnline

@Gillon

I am with you on that one. Sometimes we become too hot headed on here and dismissive without just cause. If you are unable to communicate effectively to argue a point then you are of no use to a forum/discussion.

The matter can be discussed with some more decorum, no need for disrespect and petty childish outburts. Please do not turn the thread into the Manatt Soap Opera now showing at a TV near you!!

Let's be more objective.
    Last edited by Technoboy; Feb 16, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

No one can do all their own homework all the time. That is why people communicate and collaborate on forums.
    I rate this talk Gillion this goes for Majority of the members on this forum
    Confucius say..Man who fight with wife all day, get no piece at night!

Yes.

I expect serious replies. You are young professionals.

Your boss says something stupid, what are you going to tell him ?

Firstly: You are assuming I am a person who is not receptive to correction.

However you did inform me of the Nexus S which I am very thankful for... but then you block sharing your own knowledge and abilities in the face of one persons perceived ignorance ?

Ergo. The expertise in your head should not fuel your annoyance, but should properly divert me to information that debunks my previous assertions.

Is it too hard to use your hard earned expertise d to improve my knowledge by pointing me to documentation that clearly refutes the points in my argument.

Or is it so painfully difficult to overlook my assertions and begin to use disrespectful photos or words that serve only to devolve the discussion.

Ignorance simply means I do not know... there is no crime in that. My ego is not so warped.

I made assertions. thus when I use words like SEEM and APPARENTLY with a question sign at the end you should understand that I am making uncertain ASSERTIONS. I know I don't know.

If i am to be corrected, then correct me.

But then you are only human.
    You are starting to make sense now.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

@ gillion - firstly, BBOS isnt a phenomenon rather, it is the framework which integrates the BBM into the OS or the BBS which is the phenomenon.

secondly, america isnt the world when it comes to money, maybe consumption but not manufacturing. the paradigm is shifting and now china is now becoming the most powerful country in the world and america is terrified! i was watching a CNN report the other day and that America is still in massive dept to china along with alot of other countries in the world. alot of americans have it in mind that china is very near taking over in terms of production and capitalism. EXPECIALLY CELLPHONE PRODUCTION! who u think makes the hardware for all these phones? duh - china lmao.

its funny that i watch alot of comedy and the subject is always china's emergence and eventual takeover as the capital of the world. im just afraid America resorts to war-mongernig again to get back their power

anyway let me get out of economics..

hey guys i was reading some reports on my phone and i heard some amazing announcements from MWC - they say that 80% of the market belongs to android (woot) and that NVidia and TI/qualcomm are now against the grain to make quad-core processors for tablets and phones.. before next year's summer. NVidia will be releasing quad core's come this summer while TI will be releasing them come next year but TI's processors are said to be more stable.

the first phones to be using the quad cores will most likely be SAMSUNG and MOTOROLLA (NVIDIA) while Nokia and HTC will pick it up next year summer.
    Last edited by vylle; Feb 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    @ gillion -

secondly, america isnt the world when it comes to money, maybe consumption but not manufacturing.
    If there is no one to consume, then how will manufacturers make money ?

You make goods to supply consumer demand.

If the consumer cannot afford to buy your goods, then your factory will eventually become useless.

It is because USA (and Japan) can afford to purchase Chinese goods in huge quantities that China is on an economic rise.

The US is still the worlds largest consumer of goods and services world wide.

The USA is China's biggest trading partner.

The US is still where the money is.

Everybody wants to get into the US market.

Android phones would not be made if US demand didn't exist.

The internet would never take off if US demand didn't exist.

16% of the gloabal Smart-Phone market belongs to the Apple iPhone, of which roughly 40% is all in the US... beset by Android devices... which again as a global phenom is PRIMARILY in the US market.

In the end: 307 Million American people still have more purchasing power than 1.3 billion Chinese people as the American GDP is still significantly higher than the Chinese GDP

The quality of life Americans have and demand, is ridiculously higher than that of the average Chinese citizen. Americans demand more and better, and they want it cheaply... and they can PAY FOR IT.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

If there is no one to consume, then how will manufacturers make money ?

You make goods to supply consumer demand.

If the consumer cannot afford to buy your goods, then your factory will eventually become useless.

It is because USA (and Japan) can afford to purchase Chinese goods in huge quantities that China is on an economic rise.

The US is still the worlds largest consumer of goods and services world wide.

The USA is China's biggest trading partner.

The US is still where the money is.

Everybody wants to get into the US market.

Android phones would not be made if US demand didn't exist.

The internet would never take off if US demand didn't exist.

16% of the gloabal Smart-Phone market belongs to the Apple iPhone, of which roughly 40% is all in the US... beset by Android devices... which again as a global phenom is PRIMARILY in the US market.

In the end: 307 Million American people still have more purchasing power than 1.3 billion Chinese people as the American GDP is still significantly higher than the Chinese GDP

The quality of life Americans have and demand, is ridiculously higher than that of the average Chinese citizen. Americans demand more and better, and they want it cheaply... and they can PAY FOR IT.
    Nokia phones are in demand in india and Uk.

If that in bold was true none of apples products would sell in the usa.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup