Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just launched - iPhone XS, iPhone XS MAX, iPhone XR

Default Just launched - iPhone XS, iPhone XS MAX, iPhone XR

The long awaited day has arrived for the launch of the new iPhones - iPhone XS/MAX, iPhone XR lineup.

Apple has officially unveiled the new iPhone Xs and iPhone Xs Max.

The 5.8-inch iPhone Xs and 6.5-inch iPhone Xs Max feature stunning Super Retina displays, a faster and improved dual camera system that offers breakthrough photo and video features, the first 7-nanometer chip in a smartphone — the A12 Bionic chip with next-generation Neural Engine — faster Face ID, wider stereo sound, a beautiful new gold finish and introduce Dual SIM to iPhone.
    Read more
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I only care that they finally support dual sim somewhat.
    Now time to wait til the local carriers support eSim and then I might finally try using an IPhone.

Always like the icloud implementation, now adding dual sim.... Need better battery life now and this is for all mobile phones.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post
    Now time to wait til the local carriers support eSim and then I might finally try using an IPhone.
    The version for China is full Dual Sim...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dre' View Post

Always like the icloud implementation, now adding dual sim.... Need better battery life now and this is for all mobile phones.
    Battery life is pretty good on recent (2 years or so) flagship phones.

Bet you it will be Flow supporting eSIM first. But I’m not sure about how this looks set to work. Seems eSIM has to be the sole line, one of choice of accounts, or the second lne if you use a nano SIM. Could be reading wrong.

Apossible bonus is eSIM might work on Pixel3/Pixel 3 XL if this support catches on

Link to How dual SIM will work: https://support.apple.com/ru-ru/HT209044

Quote Originally Posted by mista736 View Post
    But I’m not sure about how this looks set to work. Seems eSIM has to be the sole line, one of choice of accounts, or the second lne if you use a nano SIM. Could be reading wrong.
    My limited understanding on it is that they will use a single physical SIM in addition to an eSIM to facilitate Dual Sim Dual Standby. The models in China will use dual physical SIMs.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Welcome to 2000 Apple. Or 2010 when most major manufacturers started to do it. I have even seen triple SIM phones. Why though - no idea.

Some history of multi-SIM phones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_SIM
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Welcome to 2000 Apple.
    Yeah, they're a few years behind competitors with some of the technology but their stuff still sells well (albeit pricey) and man their eco-system works well together.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah, they're a few years behind competitors with some of the technology but their stuff still sells well (albeit pricey) and man their eco-system works well together.
    There was a brief window where they actually had cheaper. Think it was 6S that was actually less than Galaxy S7. Both started at 32GB. This now shattered with the X lines.

I thought XS Max base would be 128GB at least for the price.

I disagree that their ecosystem works well together though. Stick with me here. It works if you wish to utilize it in the narrow view they have of use cases. Recently discovered after syncing iBooks to cloud, that I no longer had local copy on original device. This isnÂ’t how Notes, bookmarks, or browsing history work. If one turns off iCloud, they get to keep local copy. In order to offline any Apple Music, one has to enable iCloud Library. Again any local created playlist gets whisked into iCloud and is lost if cancel Apple Music subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by mista736 View Post
    There was a brief window where they actually had cheaper. Think it was 6S that was actually less than Galaxy S7. Both started at 32GB. This now shattered with the X lines.

I thought XS Max base would be 128GB at least for the price.

I disagree that their ecosystem works well together though. Stick with me here. It works if you wish to utilize it in the narrow view they have of use cases. Recently discovered after syncing iBooks to cloud, that I no longer had local copy on original device. This isnÂ’t how Notes, bookmarks, or browsing history work. If one turns off iCloud, they get to keep local copy. In order to offline any Apple Music, one has to enable iCloud Library. Again any local created playlist gets whisked into iCloud and is lost if cancel Apple Music subscription.
    ah yes, I see your perspective. I don’t use it for Apple Music (I use Spotify) nor for syncing iBooks so didn’t have those issues and so yes those are not good use cases. I only use their ecosystem for the usual contacts, calendar, iMessage, photos etc
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ah yes, I see your perspective. I don’t use it for Apple Music (I use Spotify) nor for syncing iBooks so didn’t have those issues and so yes those are not good use cases. I only use their ecosystem for the usual contacts, calendar, iMessage, photos etc
    I use Spotify as well, but I did try out Apple Music. Lost several playlists when I didn't continue after trial period.
    As for iBooks (now Apple Books), I mostly send PDFs to it for saving and reading at my leisure.

I'm certain there are other examples where what Apple expects, and even Google as well, doesn't align with every user. Most, perhaps, but not all.