Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Speed-test out Fairview....

https://i.ibb.co/VByCXBR/LTE-1.jpg
    Excellent! Digicel's finally decided to give their customer a lifeline... From what I'm seeing, they're seemingly going the way of providing truly unfettered data access on certain apps. The YouTube offer a give them problem though but I surmise they'll be better able to manage the traffic with Band 4.

It's so funny that this Band (Band 4) was overlooked by them in beginning & their competition built a solid & zippy LTE network on the back of it.
    Last edited by Brandysull; Oct 19, 2019 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Excellent! Digicel's finally decided to give their customer a lifeline... From what I'm seeing, they're seemingly going the way of providing truly unfettered data access on certain apps. The YouTube offer a give them problem though but I surmise they'll be better able to manage the traffic with Band 4.

It's so funny that this Band (Band 4) was overlooked by them in beginning & their competition built a solid & zippy LTE network on the back of it.
    You know if they coming with unlimited YouTube as well?. Plus I noticed that when I activate one of Flows unlimited social media plans with unlimited YouTube. I see a graphic on the home page of the My Flow App saying I have 7GB alloted for YouTube use. Each time I watch a YouTube video, it gets depleted. However, when I go into the active plans section of the app. It shows YouTube as unlimited GB. So I'm not sure what's causing this, it's the 2 day unlimited social plan I'm using. Activated it three times since week, because Flow has an outage in my area from October 11, 2019. Each time I activate the 2 day plan, I see the 7GB allotment for YouTube. Mind you I activate the 5 day unlimited social with unlimited YouTube late last month. And didn't see any such allotment for YouTube. It was strictly listed on the home page of the app as unlimited.

Speed-test out Fairview....

Awesome, are the LTE+ speeds consistent?. And are you getting these speeds elsewhere in Mobay?.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Maybe brandy is on a tower that isn't really used but I've never seen such speeds in my test with flow anywhere
    LOL, I've never gotten speeds like this from Flow either. I do notice that my data connection keeps switching from LTE to 3G then back to LTE. It does this a lot, so I'm not sure what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    You know if they coming with unlimited YouTube as well?. Plus I noticed that when I activate one of Flows unlimited social media plans with unlimited YouTube. I see a graphic on the home page of the My Flow App saying I have 7GB alloted for YouTube use. Each time I watch a YouTube video, it gets depleted. However, when I go into the active plans section of the app. It shows YouTube as unlimited GB. So I'm not sure what's causing this, it's the 2 day unlimited social plan I'm using. Activated it three times since week, because Flow has an outage in my area from October 11, 2019. Each time I activate the 2 day plan, I see the 7GB allotment for YouTube. Mind you I activate the 5 day unlimited social with unlimited YouTube late last month. And didn't see any such allotment for YouTube. It was strictly listed on the home page of the app as unlimited.
    Do remember that the terms & conditions define the unlimited YouTube offer as being limited to the 5 & 28 Day plans. Granted, 7GB of data for YouTube on a 250 MB tariff is VERY generous.

LOL, I've never gotten speeds like this from Flow either. I do notice that my data connection keeps switching from LTE to 3G then back to LTE. It does this a lot, so I'm not sure what's happening.
    No biggy! It's just 3CA & 2 km of LOS from the site. Not the typical experience however, but my speeds drop off the deeper inside the house I go.

Awesome, are the LTE+ speeds consistent?. And are you getting these speeds elsewhere in Mobay?.
    LTE+ even out Fairview was not constant, it would drop to LTE now and again.. speeds on LTE seemed to improved thou, was getting like 20-30Mbps on LTE.

I'll give it a few weeks to see If LTE+ will be the norm all over mobay..

Do remember that the terms & conditions define the unlimited YouTube offer as being limited to the 5 & 28 Day plans. Granted, 7GB of data for YouTube on a 250 MB tariff is VERY generous.
    Whoa, wasn't aware of that, thanks for the heads up. I was asking prior, if you think. Digicel will go the route of Flow. And offer unlimited YouTube in Thier unlimited social media plans?.

LTE+ even out Fairview was not constant, it would drop to LTE now and again.. speeds on LTE seemed to improved thou, was getting like 20-30Mbps on LTE.

I'll give it a few weeks to see If LTE+ will be the norm all over mobay..
    From what I'm seeing, LTE-A has been active on Digicel in MoBay for some time. As the integration continues, the network should produce consistent results.

Whoa, wasn't aware of that, thanks for the heads up. I was asking prior, if you think. Digicel will go the route of Flow. And offer unlimited YouTube in Thier unlimited social media plans?.
    I have no idea... Digicel seems to be focused on increasing capacity to accommodate the constant onslaught of traffic on LTE network. As time goes on, I suspect they will eventually offer something similar but with more restrictions. The competition I presume will the upping the ante again from what I hear (likely related to VoLTE & WiFi Calling as I presume they're going through a certification phase with Apple). They could also begin the ramp up to 5G with Higher Order Modulation Schemes, 4x4 MIMO and Ericsson ERS Radios... Let's see what comes soon!
    Last edited by Brandysull; Oct 19, 2019 at 11:59 PM.

I don't think FLOW is resting on their laurels either... all these outages mean they're up to something!
    The rest of us see RED with the outage, but you smile ear to ear in anticipation they are up to something big. lol
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008