What you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by dowain View Post
    What you talking about?
    Ignore... the spam post was deleted...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by dowain View Post
    Finally I'm getting some better speed now caricel called this morning to tell me that I should be getting better service now the upgrade they were doing is almost finished
    Is this still the case?

Caricel not so bad. Already have their modem

http://geezam.com/caricels-unlimited-modems/

Quote Originally Posted by capybara View Post
    Caricel not so bad. Already have their modem

http://geezam.com/caricels-unlimited-modems/
    Why hasn't anyone reported them for advertising lte and giving users non lte speeds

Did a network scan today, and I sawed the Caricel signal show up in the results. Anyone have any new info. As it relates to the expansion and legal operations?.

Last edited by Nathan77791; Aug 3, 2017 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Did a network scan today, and I sawed the Caricel signal show up in the results. Anyone have any new info. As it relates to the expansion and legal operations?.

http://i.imgur.com/eG4YCrN.jpg
    I know they're busy expanding... I saw a new tower go up in my locale in Montego Bay....... extremely similar to Caricel sites in Kingston but it hasn't any mast equipment or antennas or muchless radios.... Keep a watch on them however. One of our local players may just buy them soon IMO.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Aug 4, 2017 at 04:19 AM. Reason: removed large picture from quote

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    I know they're busy expanding... I saw a new tower go up in my locale in Montego Bay....... extremely similar to Caricel sites in Kingston but it hasn't any mast equipment or antennas or muchless radios.... Keep a watch on them however. One of our local players may just buy them soon IMO.
    If any of the big two should aqccuire Caricel, I really hope it aint Digicel. I do wonder if Caricel plans to offer voice services, they are all IP base. So I guess any voice services offered would be VOIP/VoLTE. How does VoLTE networks connect to CSFB 2G networks?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    If any of the big two should aqccuire Caricel, I really hope it aint Digicel. I do wonder if Caricel plans to offer voice services, they are all IP base. So I guess any voice services offered would be VOIP/VoLTE. How does VoLTE networks connect to CSFB 2G networks?.
    VoLTE is a transformative technology which allows LTE devices to make phone calls without having to undergo Circuit Switched Fallback. Such tech is important/would be important to an operator like Caricel as they have no legacy networks to 'fallback' to. VoLTE really originates from the IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem), a optional feature introduced into 3G networks back in 3GPP Release 4 or so which is now absolutely necessary in deploying voice services over LTE. The IMS is one of the revolutionary network elements found within the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) of an LTE network. The IMS itself consists of various other subcomponents that handle many things, to include inter-network/inter-IMS communication (or previously inter-MSC in legacy core networks). VoLTE configurations vary from operator to operator and it can happen where one operator may have CS oriented calls have the terminating device switchdown to 2G/3G. VoLTE can also have devices stay on LTE when receiving CS originated calls... there are additional components within the IMS's architecture which would handle the translation of signaling from VoLTE (based on SIP) to the 2G/3G network of another operator (involving a tonne of complicated jargon which makes no sense for me to explain as the overarching principles would be even more complicated to explain). VoLTE also has adaptable bitrates which allow it to be flexible in regards to voice quality, making it able to adapt to various radio conditions much more than say 3G networks. Our Networks already have IMS functionality available wherein we no longer use PSTN to establish calls to say Digicel to FLOW mobiles, we simply communicate via inter-IMS connections. This vastly reduces the network complexities within the core network and reduces the points of failure as well. The network TCO also goes down as a result, making it an incentive even for non-LTE networks. VoLTE most times is deployed over networks with low band spectrum such as Bands 5, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28 and so on... Access to voice serivces is crucial for any operator especially in emergency situations and as such, you are more likely to find Caricel and Digicel deploy VoLTE than FLOW right now, simply because of the spectrum they operate on. Networks with legacy RAT like 2G/3G need not sweat just yet and can test VoLTE quietly as their LTE network matures and deploy it when the time is right. That time for Caricel however, is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    VoLTE is a transformative technology which allows LTE devices to make phone calls without having to undergo Circuit Switched Fallback. Such tech is important/would be important to an operator like Caricel as they have no legacy networks to 'fallback' to. VoLTE really originates from the IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem), a optional feature introduced into 3G networks back in 3GPP Release 4 or so which is now absolutely necessary in deploying voice services over LTE. The IMS is one of the revolutionary network elements found within the Evolved Packet Core (EPC) of an LTE network. The IMS itself consists of various other subcomponents that handle many things, to include inter-network/inter-IMS communication (or previously inter-MSC in legacy core networks). VoLTE configurations vary from operator to operator and it can happen where one operator may have CS oriented calls have the terminating device switchdown to 2G/3G. VoLTE can also have devices stay on LTE when receiving CS originated calls... there are additional components within the IMS's architecture which would handle the translation of signaling from VoLTE (based on SIP) to the 2G/3G network of another operator (involving a tonne of complicated jargon which makes no sense for me to explain as the overarching principles would be even more complicated to explain). VoLTE also has adaptable bitrates which allow it to be flexible in regards to voice quality, making it able to adapt to various radio conditions much more than say 3G networks. Our Networks already have IMS functionality available wherein we no longer use PSTN to establish calls to say Digicel to FLOW mobiles, we simply communicate via inter-IMS connections. This vastly reduces the network complexities within the core network and reduces the points of failure as well. The network TCO also goes down as a result, making it an incentive even for non-LTE networks. VoLTE most times is deployed over networks with low band spectrum such as Bands 5, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28 and so on... Access to voice serivces is crucial for any operator especially in emergency situations and as such, you are more likely to find Caricel and Digicel deploy VoLTE than FLOW right now, simply because of the spectrum they operate on. Networks with legacy RAT like 2G/3G need not sweat just yet and can test VoLTE quietly as their LTE network matures and deploy it when the time is right. That time for Caricel however, is now.
    Thank you for this detailed analysis, No one can tell me that you are not some Network of Telecoms Engineer LOL. Whatever the case, it seems that Caricel has got the go ahead to carry on with Business. We have have heard nothing more about the corruption case, and the Governments decision on whether or not. They will be revoking the license (which is not the case the Government is looking at). But all in all, the country awaits to see what they have in store. I see their website has been resigned, also seeing this Caricel On-demand thing, don't know what that is about. So Flow has given me some good news today, as it relates to LTE for my area and all of Kingston. Hoping that this will come through in September,or early October.