Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: E3 2016 - death of consoles

The reason why zelda is the most talked about game at e3 is because its the best game at e3. All the other games were CG movies for people who like to watch CG movies. Nintendo dropped one bomb and it blew up big.

Let say nintendo dropped one game like "Horizon". Its a cool game yes, but what's there to talk about? You run around and kill robots for a week and then you put it down for the next big AAA game. As soon as the game launch its forgotten. If you want Horizon you got it. I am surprised that nintendo can come to e3 with one game and still create buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by gW33Zy View Post
    Yuh win! Tek di pints!

Differently, the one thing I am excited about is that I may not need to buy a XBOX because I use a PC that is running Windows 10. Yuh know how long mi waan play a Forza game?!
    Exactly, this is long overdue looooooooooooooooooong overdue.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

The games that are coming out are so disposable that a month after Horizon comes out you can get it for 5$ in the bargin bin. Remember the hype behind watchdogs? whos still playing watch dogs? who wants to go back and 100% that game? The ps4 vs xbone battle is a losing battle for the software companies - they have to drop prettier and prettier games that are cheaper and cheaper until they cost barely nothing.

The longer nintendo can stay out of that game the better because they will never survive as a software company supporting gamers who care so little about the games they play.

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    The games that are coming out are so disposable that a month after Horizon comes out you can get it for 5$ in the bargin bin. Remember the hype behind watchdogs? whos still playing watch dogs? who wants to go back and 100% that game? The ps4 vs xbone battle is a losing battle for the software companies - they have to drop prettier and prettier games that are cheaper and cheaper until they cost barely nothing.

The longer nintendo can stay out of that game the better because they will never survive as a software company supporting gamers who care so little about the games they play.
    What you mean by cheaper?

I am sure game prices increased by $10 since last year.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Well microsoft said that all its Xbox games will get a windows release or something along that line. I rather invest in consoles that PCs because I do work on PCs.
    I am getting to this stage. I do have consoles and pc though.

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    I started console gaming in Nes days with Duck Hunt as that toy gun was pretty cool innovation from Nintendo. Played Mario as well and ofcourse became hooked. Also played the Snes until finally owning my first console, the Nintendo 64 and best thing about it was being able to play 4 player games with my friends. Course we all grew up and PC gaming is the most convenient thing now since we all over the place.

It's always been about the gameplay and Zelda never disappoints in that department.
    You have been a console hater from day one.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I win! With my PS4 and PC I'll be able to play everything wellll.. except the nintendo stuff...
    And nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
    And nothin lasts forever, but be honest, babe
    It hurts, but it may be the only way.
    Console Pesant on me PS4

Well microsoft said that all its Xbox games will get a windows release or something along that line. I rather invest in consoles that PCs because I do work on PCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I win! With my PS4 and PC I'll be able to play everything wellll.. except the nintendo stuff...
    Lol I win. I also have Nintendo.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Completely disagree. A game company staying out of the game........WHAT! Its common knowledge that Sony and M$ lose money on manufacturing consoles, they make up for the shortfall by selling games and licensing. So if my math is incorrect, why come out with a new console to lose money off again and then hope the make up for the shortfall with Smash Brothers, Zelda, another Mario game and Pokemon. To me this defies logic.

Consoles to me dont make much sense - not saying they dont have their place not everyone is as technically inclined as we are. Why not leave that headache to the consumer. PC gaming is way more profitable but companies have convinced themselves that it isnt quite so due to "piracy" I think Steam has clearly demonstrated that largely PC gamers just want easier access to games and would not not have the hassle of downloading something and then cracking and then recracking because of an update and you know the drill. So they run go hug up the consoles, the sales numbers speak to this, PC components labelled as gaming had over 21 billion is sales last year - thats more than double console sales.

And as for gamers not caring - no one 100% a game anymore very few games make we want to especially when a new one is coming out every other week - this is the new normal games are dirt cheap this is not 1995 where god bless when you got a new SNES cartridge I started PC gaming last October and I have 117 games in my steam library, 21 in Ubisoft and 17 in orgin and I have not spent $100 total. Nintendo annoys me world without end. Nintendo has a sure fire 10 million seller sitting on which they will never release because of convoluted thinking about the relevance of the DS. On open world Pokemon game would sell 15 Million copies EASILY but no, instead the release the same game and have been doing so for 21 YEARS.

With all that said consoles need to die.

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    Completely disagree. A game company staying out of the game........WHAT! Its common knowledge that Sony and M$ lose money on manufacturing consoles, they make up for the shortfall by selling games and licensing. So if my math is incorrect, why come out with a new console to lose money off again and then hope the make up for the shortfall with Smash Brothers, Zelda, another Mario game and Pokemon. To me this defies logic.

Consoles to me dont make much sense - not saying they dont have their place not everyone is as technically inclined as we are. Why not leave that headache to the consumer. PC gaming is way more profitable but companies have convinced themselves that it isnt quite so due to "piracy" I think Steam has clearly demonstrated that largely PC gamers just want easier access to games and would not not have the hassle of downloading something and then cracking and then recracking because of an update and you know the drill. So they run go hug up the consoles, the sales numbers speak to this, PC components labelled as gaming had over 21 billion is sales last year - thats more than double console sales.

And as for gamers not caring - no one 100% a game anymore very few games make we want to especially when a new one is coming out every other week - this is the new normal games are dirt cheap this is not 1995 where god bless when you got a new SNES cartridge I started PC gaming last October and I have 117 games in my steam library, 21 in Ubisoft and 17 in orgin and I have not spent $100 total. Nintendo annoys me world without end. Nintendo has a sure fire 10 million seller sitting on which they will never release because of convoluted thinking about the relevance of the DS. On open world Pokemon game would sell 15 Million copies EASILY but no, instead the release the same game and have been doing so for 21 YEARS.

With all that said consoles need to die.

2 things....

They don't lose money on current consoles. They make profit.

Also Console gaming is more profitable. Games are priced higher and console game sales are always higher.

Sometimes I want to sit in my living room and play WiiU or Xbox. I hardly turn my pc on these days. PC gaming is what is dying and gaming all together because of greed. Lets release 40% of the game for 100% the price and sell the remaining 60% for 100%.

Steam sales and Origin sales. So far I have bought zero. Games these days aren't even worth that to me.

All the features that made games great are now gone (dedicated server, modding, lan play etc...).

Gaming is not a necessity for me so these days I go a week without even turning on my computer. I only turn it on to write code.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

No sure about Sony - but M$ definitely loses money on consoles http://learnbonds.com/122889/microso...box-one-sales/ they make up the remainder through licensing.

As far as I am concerned, my PC is my console - boot straight into big picture mode, I wish there was some something that could work like big picture mode but would be able to combine Steam, Uplay and Origin games..........now there is an idea.....

PC gaming aint dying - not by a long shot. Too many exclusives and too many genres