Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Digicel LTE

Quote Originally Posted by dorian3kx View Post
    I use up to 50 gigs or more per month and it cost me nothing.... Living Young, wild and #FREE ��
    We man we believe you....
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Got a message Friday.

As of May 25, all Data Plans will include superfast LTE or 4G speed at no additional cost! Now, that's made simple.
    They should have done this from the get go.
    Don't see why I should pay more for something that's standardize in Jamaica.

Seem like Flow is making an impact.
    Currently: HP Touchsmart 14t
    SM-G935FD - S7 Edge dual sim: Android 7 Official
    The 3 C's in life: Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the Choice, to take the Chance, if you want anything in life to Change.

Not bad... now we need more LTE access in mobay....

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Not bad... now we need more LTE access in mobay....
    If they made the tarrifs the same like FLOW then I'm sure they're going to want to match FLOW's coverage too... This year is your year....

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    If they made the tarrifs the same like FLOW then I'm sure they're going to want to match FLOW's coverage too... This year is your year....
    FLOW and DIGICEL seems to be in bed. I sense quite soon we will hear or see the outcome of that consummation which will either be a merger or some spin off company. Lets not forget the two had some joint venture undersea cable agreement years back and seemed quite a couple but its now even clearer they trying to hide their love for each other as they both announced increases in call rates etc this month.

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    FLOW and DIGICEL seems to be in bed. I sense quite soon we will hear or see the outcome of that consummation which will either be a merger or some spin off company. Lets not forget the two had some joint venture undersea cable agreement years back and seemed quite a couple but its now even clearer they trying to hide their love for each other as they both announced increases in call rates etc this month.
    Or perhaps the change in rates has been in aid of the ongoing volatility of the Jamaican dollar. That more than anything is why they raised prices.

Why Digicel use the wording 'LTE or 4G' at no additional cost ?? Shouldn't they say LTE only being that 3G/4G is what we paying for now.. or they hinting that LTE is 4G??

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    Lets not forget that this joint venture between FLOW and Digicel never existed. The actual participants were CWC (LIME) and Columbus Networks (FLOW) so their eventual merger was somewhat foretold. http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...erger_14265980

As others have alluded to, the dollar has started to run away again and both providers do all their business in $US dollars so price increases would be inevitable. FLOW and Digicel remain fierce competitors in the courts and both the consumer and business spaces.

The likelihood of merger is ZERO as it would not be allowed by any Government as it would create a monopoly once more.

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    Lets not forget that this joint venture between FLOW and Digicel never existed. The actual participants were CWC (LIME) and Columbus Networks (FLOW) so their eventual merger was somewhat foretold. http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...erger_14265980

As others have alluded to, the dollar has started to run away again and both providers do all their business in $US dollars so price increases would be inevitable. FLOW and Digicel remain fierce competitors in the courts and both the consumer and business spaces.

The likelihood of merger is ZERO as it would not be allowed by any Government as it would create a monopoly once more.
    In addition, both carriers are blowing through their capex as they buildout their networks to include LTE and more dense coverage in certain geographies.

Well, hats off to Digicel.. 4G/LTE now combined.. so we should be getting LTE at no additional cost wherever LTE is available.

I'm gonna drive around today and check if no additional LTE areas are in Mobay other than Airport... someone told me it's now out Fairview so i'll see...

Correct me if i'm wrong thou.. the princes seem to be adjusted up thou.. almost sure I paid less for 7day and 3day 4G plans..

Last edited by GPRS Internet; May 25, 2017 at 07:28 AM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram