Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ccna looking for an opportunity

Well Crazee if you keep this up (acquire all those certs) you soon start being told at interviews that they can't employ you because "you are over qualified" (yup you read that correctly) I know one or two persons who cannot get jobs not because they don't fit the qualifications but because they exceeded if not vastly exceed them.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

well quite frankly that has happened twice... even when i sent a scaled down version of my resume... i even took off the certs and they said i was still over qualified.
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

Quote Originally Posted by crazeeplayer View Post
    well quite frankly that has happened twice... even when i sent a scaled down version of my resume... i even took off the certs and they said i was still over qualified.
    :Ooo looks like its time to fly out.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

thats exactky what ive been thinking of doing..........
    guss the next step is to start applying for jobs on career builder, dice, monster etc etc

for the umpteenth time................ certified and knowledgeable networking engineer seeking job opportunity....

anyone out there????????????

guys im a ccna + bsc just looking for an opportunity to utilise my skillset as telecom / networking is really my passion...............
    as i mentioned earlier.... im a skilled ccna engineer seeking an opportunity to utilise my skillset................. anyone out there??????
    as i mentioned earlier.... im a skilled ccna engineer seeking an opportunity to utilise my skillset................. anyone out there??????
    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! getting really frustrated right now...........
    need to utilise my skillset before by brain get stagnant...........................
    UPDATE-----

STILL HAVENT GOT A "REAL" JOB as yet........................ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its really frustrating working for little when you know ur worth an u doing the work but u not getting anything for it..

JA ECONOMY SUCKS!!!!!
    DIP+BSC+CCNA+CCSP an still cant even get a work muchless an interview..............

Quote Originally Posted by crazeeplayer View Post
    for the umpteenth time................ certified and knowledgeable networking engineer seeking job opportunity....

anyone out there????????????
    I can only hope you will understand the I.T. market at some point.

In small economies, there is little room for specialized skills. Most companies will want people with hard core network administration skills. In larger economies, companies tend to be bigger so specialized skill sets are required.

You need to start with Windows 200x networking skills. That is the basic skill set that is required. Without that, you are at a big disadvantage. To stand out from the competition, you should add Linux networking skills and/or CCNA skills and/or software development skills.

Limiting yourself to Linux skills or CCNA skills will only make you unemployable.

If you cannot adjust to the reality of the market place in small economies, you need to migrate to a larger economy.

It is time to wake up and smell the coffee...

Sometimes we need to face the harsh realities of life. Sitting and shouting that "life is not fair" is not going to achieve much.
    Last edited by jamrock; Sep 24, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

agreed - ccna without a microsoft certification is like drinking a glass half full.. u need the microsoft to go hand in hand with the CCNA.. i picked up trainsignal 2008 server and now im damn good on it
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

i have knowledge of server 2008 and 2003 for ex- dhcp, dns, ad, group policy, mapping network drives using scripts, file permission etc etc... can set up a server from scratch from the dcpromo command to configuring dns etc etc........
    ive watched train signal videos that has showed me how to do this....... i even setup a test lab in vmware and i setup server replication and it all worked........

i jus need an opportunity to kick down the door....... that is all...... even though i mighnt not have the so called "years of experience" i have the knowledge... its just frustrating when ur working for little or nothing and u know ur worth.....

knowing ur worth is 1 thing.. cuz everyone knows how much they themselves are worth.. the hardest part is having others know ur worth..
    mi ute - mi know seh u well devah in d ting and u all know more dan me when it come to dem tings dere

anyway.. i saw smoe network admin jobs posted in the gleaner but like i said before - they ALL require some years amount of experience..
    i wah mek a suggestion to u crazee - i know u may not agree but its 1 of my observations and i think its a good place to start..

try applying for sys-admin/IT-TECH positions in private/high schools across Jamaica like i did (not just kingston but all over)
    now i know what ur thinking.. but hear me out.. there are alot of schools ALL OVER JAMAICA looking for IT guys.. expecially the country schools because not many ppl STAY in there for long (my predecessor stayed 2 years b4 he quit) so its relatively easier to get through with this type of job

the hardest part is the daily commute from home to work expecially if u get someplace FAAR out - i still live in portmore/kingston while i work in clarendon but from my experience, you will get payed on an MIS/IT4 scale which is decent (all the more now that the tax year has changed), you get to utiize the degree + certs u have and it will give u some valuable experience to add to a resume. it wont bee corporate/enterprise experience.. but the little u get helps out!

its a good in-between job to have cuz i get nuff exposure to networking, comp-repairs and systems administration. the work load is plentifull but im used to it! im happy cuz let me tell u.. every sunday i look tru the gleaner and i see all the nonsensical requirements for low-scale and low-paying jobs in kingston and i am GLAD to have got this job cuz without it - i'd still be sitting down crying about the job market..

so ute - thats all, u can either stick with what u have there.. or u can spread urself and take the extra mile to get what u need
    Last edited by vylle; Sep 26, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    knowing ur worth is 1 thing.. cuz everyone knows how much they themselves are worth.. the hardest part is having others know ur worth..
    mi ute - mi know seh u well devah in d ting and u all know more dan me when it come to dem tings dere

anyway.. i saw smoe network admin jobs posted in the gleaner but like i said before - they ALL require some years amount of experience..
    i wah mek a suggestion to u crazee - i know u may not agree but its 1 of my observations and i think its a good place to start..

try applying for sys-admin/IT-TECH positions in private/high schools across Jamaica like i did (not just kingston but all over)
    now i know what ur thinking.. but hear me out.. there are alot of schools ALL OVER JAMAICA looking for IT guys.. expecially the country schools because not many ppl STAY in there for long (my predecessor stayed 2 years b4 he quit) so its relatively easier to get through with this type of job

the hardest part is the daily commute from home to work expecially if u get someplace FAAR out - i still live in portmore/kingston while i work in clarendon but from my experience, you will get payed on an MIS/IT4 scale which is decent (all the more now that the tax year has changed), you get to utiize the degree + certs u have and it will give u some valuable experience to add to a resume. it wont bee corporate/enterprise experience.. but the little u get helps out!

its a good in-between job to have cuz i get nuff exposure to networking, comp-repairs and systems administration. the work load is plentifull but im used to it! im happy cuz let me tell u.. every sunday i look tru the gleaner and i see all the nonsensical requirements for low-scale and low-paying jobs in kingston and i am GLAD to have got this job cuz without it - i'd still be sitting down crying about the job market..

so ute - thats all, u can either stick with what u have there.. or u can spread urself and take the extra mile to get what u need

You ever considered taking up motivational speaking or consultations? Those are some good points at one point in time I was just going to volunteer at my favorite computer or computer related businesses just to get the experience.