Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Ordered to Pay $14.5 Billion in Back Taxes

Default Apple Ordered to Pay $14.5 Billion in Back Taxes

BRUSSELS- E.U. antitrust regulators ordered Apple on Tuesday to pay up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion) in taxes plus interest to the Irish government after ruling that a special scheme to route profits through Ireland was illegal state aid.

The massive sum, 40 times bigger than the previous known demand by the European Commission to a company in such a case, could be reduced, the E.U. executive said in a statement, if other countries sought more tax themselves from the U.S. tech giant.

http://time.com/4472144/apple-ordere.../?xid=homepage
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

wait... aren't you the one always bragging about Apple's profit like you sit on the board with Tim Cook? lol

Now you know where most of it come from. TAX EVATION.

Apple is not the only one doing it, but they are evading tax at a much higher rate than others based on this report. Is .005% tax really anything LOL.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Paying over $14B outta $230+B is like cheese for Apple lol
    As a large company finding loopholes is part of business.. Facebook is killer on this as well..

Tax man always seem to find a way to get back at you thou.. lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Paying over $14B outta $230+B is like cheese for Apple lol
    As a large company finding loopholes is part of business.. Facebook is killer on this as well..

Tax man always seem to find a way to get back at you thou.. lol
    Is that $230B their value or the cash they have in the bank?

Mind posting links?
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Apple doesn't have as much money as you seem to think.
    The problem with Apple’s “cash pile” is that most of it is not actually “cash” nor “on hand,” and it doesn’t take into account Apple’s debt. Apple has about $16.7 billion in cash and equivalents on its balance sheet. The majority of the assets included in its reserve is stashed in long-term marketable securities, meaning Apple plans to let those funds — roughly $177.7 billion — accrue interest for more than a year.

More importantly, almost all of Apple’s cash and securities are stashed overseas, proceeds from sales outside the United States that Apple will not bring back because it would then have to pay U.S. taxes. Maestri said Tuesday that $200 billion of Apple’s reserves — a whopping 93% — are overseas, and Cook has expressly said Apple does not plan to sacrifice roughly 40% of that stash in order to bring the proceeds home to Cupertino, Calif.

While cash and securities pile up overseas, Apple is piling up debt in the United States. The company currently sits on about $53.2 billion in long-term debt obligations as well as $32.2 billion in “non-current liabilities,” after executing a series of bond sales including the largest in history for a nonfinancial U.S. business.
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/app...ash-2016-01-26

Damn Apple is just evil in every way lol
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Apple or any other top dog company will never truly disclose how much cash they have at hand... what ever they say they have multiply that by 50 lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Apple doesn't have as much money as you seem to think.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/app...ash-2016-01-26

Damn Apple is just evil in every way lol
    You know when I hear people keep regurgitating the nonsense about how much "cash" Apple has without ever looking at their balance sheet I just laugh. Apple wont pay this obviously some deal will be worked out and they will pay a fraction of that sum if anything at all, and I am assuming they will file an appeal of some sort.

But what Apple has been doing where tax evasion is concerned is criminal, there is no reason why the average American citizen should be paying more taxes per $1 than the most valuable company on the planet.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Apple or any other top dog company will never truly disclose how much cash they have at hand... what ever they say they have multiply that by 50 lol
    As a public traded company Apple has to. So yes they disclose it. Only private companies don't. Hiding it is criminal, but Apple I don't put anything passed them.

You can readily access any public company cash information. I recently looked at the mobile/isp carriers cash info where I live. And was surprise at the profit they make per year but still increase price for service to cover additional cost -_-

Quote Originally Posted by topanaris View Post
    You know when I hear people keep regurgitating the nonsense about how much "cash" Apple has without ever looking at their balance sheet I just laugh. Apple wont pay this obviously some deal will be worked out and they will pay a fraction of that sum if anything at all, and I am assuming they will file an appeal of some sort.

But what Apple has been doing where tax evasion is concerned is criminal, there is no reason why the average American citizen should be paying more taxes per $1 than the most valuable company on the planet.
    Yeah they probably wont pay as much.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    As a public traded company Apple has to. So yes they disclose it. Only private companies don't. Hiding it is criminal, but Apple I don't put anything passed them.

You can readily access any public company cash information.
    Yea, but as mentioned there are many many loopholes large companies use to stay under the radar, it's nearly impossible to truly know how much cash these companies have at hand...

Apple has filed an appeal already..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Yea, but as mentioned there are many many loopholes large companies use to stay under the radar, it's nearly impossible to truly know how much cash these companies have at hand...

Apple has filed an appeal already..
    Its on their balance sheet, like i said all you had to do was look. The balance sheet wont tell you where the funds are but it will tell you how much of it there is.
    Last edited by topanaris; Aug 30, 2016 at 04:38 PM.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......