Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal on the HP Laptops?

Quote Originally Posted by kidja View Post
    i got a dv6405 when you press the power button it lights up and i hear the processor fan spinning inside there is no display at all, during post i hear 1 long beep then 2 short beeps. i took out the memory, hard drive and i still hear the same beep sequence. i hold down the power button for like 2 minutes to drin capacitors it didn't work same result whats up with that??? HELP NEEDED
    I hope your computer is still under HP waranty ... if that is the case than 25% of your problem is solved...

If your laptop has an Nvidia video card then it may be that your video card has died.

Nvidia and HP have acknowledged that some of the GPU chips built for specifc HP laptops have problems with heat control and will eventually fail.

This with the warantee, you may be able to get a free fix... provided you can prove the machine is truly yours.

I think ATL does the service work for HP in Jamaiaca.

You should take it to ATL or another reputable service center and they may be able help you further.
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Management Control Systems is the HP partner in Jamaica.

New Kingston -> 929-8661
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Have a dv6000, my only problem is the power charger shorting out. Change battery 2day tht last bout 3-4 yrs

Morpheus Guest

Default HP Laptops are the least reliable

Well finally we have some data to backup what we knew all along, HP laptops are the least reliable.

A new study published by SquareTrade revealed that the smaller name brand notebook manufacturers are usually more reliable than their larger rivals. Of the top nine, ASUS has the lowest tracked breakdown rate with fewer than 10 percent of its notebooks failing in the past two years. Toshiba, Sony and Apple also have better-than-average performance and are either just over or under the same figure.

The higher volume companies largely see significantly worse long-term prospects. While Dell is only slightly less reliable, failure rates jump significantly for Lenovo, Acer and its sub-label Gateway. HP fares the worst with about 16 percent of its portables breaking down.

You can read the rest of article here

... and you can download the actual PDF of the study here

Quote Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
    The problem that i find with most of them is the adapter getting a shorts. Had to order 4 since the start of the year.
    Were all 4 for you only ?
    Shhhh!I see dead people!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    I hope your computer is still under HP waranty ... if that is the case than 25% of your problem is solved...

If your laptop has an Nvidia video card then it may be that your video card has died.

Nvidia and HP have acknowledged that some of the GPU chips built for specifc HP laptops have problems with heat control and will eventually fail.

This with the warantee, you may be able to get a free fix... provided you can prove the machine is truly yours.

I think ATL does the service work for HP in Jamaiaca.

You should take it to ATL or another reputable service center and they may be able help you further.
    yeah true the technician i gave to check it out sent me to ATL cause he could not fix it but a next technician at royals over by tropical plaza selling the motherboard for $19k like wow, so anybody who want it jus link mi cause dat out a my $ range
    Last edited by mekeino; Nov 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM.

I are very vexed HP I'll prob need a new mobo for a new laptop hiss teet...
    Taking my money back to Dell next year.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Friend of mine had some problems with his laptop, spoke with HP and they told him it would cost $94, couple days ago HP sent him a quote for about $400. Laptop died 2months after waranty end. HP is a real rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by cavalier View Post
    Friend of mine had some problems with his laptop, spoke with HP and they told him it would cost $94, couple days ago HP sent him a quote for about $400. Laptop died 2months after waranty end. HP is a real rip off.
    i Called ATL the HP Technician tell mi seh bout $76K if dem order a new 1 and $9500 fi dem put it in dough i can do that my self i just ask him jus in case "now dat mad "

Quote Originally Posted by kidja View Post
    i Called ATL the HP Technician tell mi seh bout $76K if dem order a new 1 and $9500 fi dem put it in dough i can do that my self i just ask him jus in case "now dat mad "
    Is that figure in your post correct, the $76,000? If that's what you heard I think you need to ask again cause there's no way that that can be the actual figure.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.