Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10?

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Great... so people are willing to install an open source app that they know nothing about it or the author in order to stop windows from tracking..
    When I'm sure that app will be tracking and collecting data of it's own.. lol
    Opensource = You can see what the code is doing...

Gosh man think a little....
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    I almost agreed with you on that one, but since it's open source someone would have seen it in the code by now and reported it I guess.

What I'm wondering is if this will actually cause Windows to become unstable.
    Good point there, the source code is open for inspection, that there suggest the developer wants his app open to public scrutiny, unlike a lot of developers out there, but I guess that don't matter to GPRS he's dead set on backing Microsoft having its way. I don't know how he came by the conclusion that that he's sure the app will be tracking and collecting data too? lol
    Anyway, good find, I will be watching this over time before I give it a test run, we sure do need more apps like this and I suspect more will be coming out overtime.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; Aug 21, 2015 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Good point there, the source code is open for inspection, that there suggest the developer wants his app open to public scrutiny, unlike a lot of developers out there, but I guess that don't matter to GPRS he's dead set on backing Microsoft having its way. I don't know how he came by the conclusion that that he's sure the app will be tracking and collecting data too? lol
    Anyway, good find, I will be watching this over time before I give it a test run, we sure do need more apps like this and I suspect more will be coming out overtime.
    All apps track and collect data lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

All apps track and collect data lol
    Since we can see what this app is doing....
    Show me in the code where this app does. You are back to making stuff up again.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Since we can see what this app is doing....
    Show me in the code where this app does. You are back to making stuff up again.
    Just cool rasta... I'll send the app tp my team and have them check it out lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Just cool rasta... I'll send the app tp my team and have them check it out lol
    The app is supposed to disable connections not create them lol. Unless they put some kinda keylogger in the app then it shouldn't be collecting data other than when you download it.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

The app is supposed to disable connections not create them lol. Unless they put some kinda keylogger in the app then it shouldn't be collecting data other than when you download it.
    Bing Bing Bing... you're getting warm.. lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Please stop feeding the troll... You can check to see if it has a keylogger.

There should be no guessing of what the app does when you can clearly look and see what it does.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Bing Bing Bing... you're getting warm.. lol

I was actually referring to the download counter and ghithub isn't known for hosting software's containing spyware so shouldn't be an issue since none reported any such activities.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Please stop feeding the troll... You can check to see if it has a keylogger.

There should be no guessing of what the app does when you can clearly look and see what it does.
    Exactly, and I'm not feeding the troll just making sure no one else starts thinking like he is lol.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

OmNomNommmmmm........
    ---
    Stay Connected,..