Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow LTE

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Interesting info - but I thought the current parent was LG. Or the handover is still not complete because of the requirements that LG has of FLOW for the current infrastructure?
    LG puts CWC under the LiLAC ticker... It is currently a part of the Liberty Global Group but by year end or early next year, LG Chairman John Malone hopes to make LiLAC another discrete unit of the Liberty family, separate and apart from Liberty Global. LiLAC will then be able to undertake funding on its own and not through LG and undertake partnerships by itself. It's a seminal moment again for us in the region because it means that some uniformity will be realized across a great portion of Latin America & the Caribbean.

I think it's safe to say that Flow is testing LTE in the Mandeville metro area.
    https://ibb.co/dh9gOw

I was using data on My phone shortly after 12 this morning, then suddenly, LTE showed up for the first time....only for few seconds at a time...it showed up in Williamsfield, Hatfield and Mandeville town.
    Last edited by nigel20; Oct 7, 2017 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel20 View Post

I was using data on My phone shortly after 12 this morning, then suddenly, LTE showed up for the first time....only for few seconds at a time...it showed up in Williamsfield, Hatfield and Mandeville town.
    Yes they are, they announced Mandeville as part of their LTE rollout. As far back as April this year. They are going at it rapidly not only in Jamaica. But across the entire Region, where they have operations.

They only thing left for them to do now, is to wrap up testing and deployment for this year. Across Kingston and ST Andrew, Portmore and Spanish Town, Ocho Rios and Montego Bay and Mandeville. And open the Network fully to the public. they will have a official launch of the new service, whenever they are finish. Hopefully that will be this year, maybe in time for Christmas.

If you don't mind me asking, what type of handset device are you using?.

Testing? They’re fully launching there soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Testing? They’re fully launching there soon!
    I had an issue where the LTE signal when on my phone kept reserving my credit for data. I reported it to Flow, and they are working on it as best as they can. Unfortunately, I was called and told that they cant do anything to help me, because the issue lies with the handset. They also told me that they will not be turning on LTE where it will not be utilized. They said that, where I am located. Usage of LTE is low, so they will enhance 3G. I haven't picked up LTE here since. So I don't know if you could find out the actual coverage areas for Kingston. Mind you, I don't believe the agent, as Flow doesn't pass information efficiently to their agents, Thank You.

Don't know whats happening, but the LTE signal in my area is weak but speeds are still strong. I see where the signal improves a bit then it drops back down, and fluctuates from there. I don't know if Flow is still testing LTE, as the signal keeps going way. Then comming back days later. I've lost LTE signal for about a month now. And it returned today, I did a speed-test and got amazing speeds. Browsing the web was a breeze. As LTE from Flow is way faster than my home broadband connection.

I am however annoyed by the fact that the LTE signal keeps going way, Im trying to find out what is causing it. Maybe they are still testing?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Don't know whats happening, but the LTE signal in my area is weak but speeds are still strong. I see where the signal improves a bit then it drops back down, and fluctuates from there. I don't know if Flow is still testing LTE, as the signal keeps going way. Then comming back days later. I've lost LTE signal for about a month now. And it returned today, I did a speed-test and got amazing speeds. Browsing the web was a breeze. As LTE from Flow is way faster than my home broadband connection.

I am however annoyed by the fact that the LTE signal keeps going way, Im trying to find out what is causing it. Maybe they are still testing?.

https://i.imgur.com/pJElKrU.jpg
    Yeah, that happened to me earlier in the month... You will see some fluctuation in power levels (signal) as they try and sort through co-channel interference at the cell edges (essential to keeping a good SINR, which means better data speeds, even at low signal). Ericsson is the company doing all of that magic... FLOW and Digicel owe the ubiquity of 3G and the zippiness of LTE to them.

Also, you should notice that 3G has gotten a boost as well. You should see far less 2G switchdowns (FLOW looks to be shaping up to get rid of 2G, 850 MHz EDGE is the least preferred band in registration messages from FLOW's network (could be a precursor to a software switchover to Band 5 LTE or DC-HSDPA on 850 MHz in the near future).

In all of this, they've improved network latency dramatically. It's a joy to see a network worth my dollars finally accessible to the Jamaican public. Next I'm hoping for HD Voice or VoLTE (as they make some improvements to the voice network).
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Oct 12, 2017 at 06:42 PM. Reason: removed large pic from quote

Quote Originally Posted by Brandysull View Post
    Yeah, that happened to me earlier in the month... You will see some fluctuation in power levels (signal) as they try and sort through co-channel interference at the cell edges (essential to keeping a good SINR, which means better data speeds, even at low signal). Ericsson is the company doing all of that magic... FLOW and Digicel owe the ubiquity of 3G and the zippiness of LTE to them.

Also, you should notice that 3G has gotten a boost as well. You should see far less 2G switchdowns (FLOW looks to be shaping up to get rid of 2G, 850 MHz EDGE is the least preferred band in registration messages from FLOW's network (could be a precursor to a software switchover to Band 5 LTE or DC-HSDPA on 850 MHz in the near future).

In all of this, they've improved network latency dramatically. It's a joy to see a network worth my dollars finally accessible to the Jamaican public. Next I'm hoping for HD Voice or VoLTE (as they make some improvements to the voice network).
    Yes I agree. On today's live chat, Flow confirm that they are still testing the LTE network. So by the 18 of October for Montego Bay and Ocho Rios will be fully powered on. And then Kingston, ST Andrew and ST Catherine as well as Manchester will be powered on by the 27th of October 2017. I am really loving the sound of unlimited data. We are told to be on the lookout this Christmas, What do you think Brandysull. Will Flow be the first Network in Jamaica, to finally give us unlimited data?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan77791 View Post
    Yes I agree. On today's live chat, Flow confirm that they are still testing the LTE network. So by the 18 of October for Montego Bay and Ocho Rios will be fully powered on. And then Kingston, ST Andrew and ST Catherine as well as Manchester will be powered on by the 27th of October 2017. I am really loving the sound of unlimited data. We are told to be on the lookout this Christmas, What do you think Brandysull. Will Flow be the first Network in Jamaica, to finally give us unlimited data?.
    No surprise, bmobile in Trinidad rolled out unlimited data plans in August this year. In addition, I had previously said that an UDP would require at the very least an LTE network with vast coverage. The trend has been happening for a long time and they've been constantly been asked (by you mostly lol) about it. Of course, Jamaaicans have been increasing their usage YoY and so it was about time!