Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: need some help with the iPhone and web browsing

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Solved my edge issues and did a speed test.

Edge is WAY faster than gprs, up to 4 times faster. The faster recorded speed I got was 259kbps on edge and 62 with digicel gprs.

Max speeds with cw gprs is 69kbps.

69kbps would be ok if the pages loaded immediately, but they take a while before they are located and start loading (just like dialup). Digicel's edge felt like I was on wifi to rahtid (its about as fast as dsl 256kbps so I guess that broadband).

NOW if only digicel had a unlimited package which was competetively priced.
    My edge works perfectly well is just that I have to sign into the websites on each visit. Not sure why but figure its some setting trouble. I have divi unlimited so browse all the time and its fast too. No actual speed checks like u though Toyanucci.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

I'm a little confused. What are the actual EDGE speeds (C&W and Digicel) that people are getting? Some are saying slow as GPRS some saying faster. Are the settings (APN) the same as GPRS? Is it limited to some areas for now?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Yeah, digi edge in limited areas and the settings are different. Apn is web.digiceljamaica.com no username no password. When edge is unavailable it automatically switches to GPRS but u don't need to change the settings.

Re the speeds, I tested in the Utech area and can say I was impressed. For browsing, its as fast as broadband, pages were found and started to load within 2 secs max as compared to GPRS which kinda sits there sometimes up to 30 - 40 secs before it starts to load the page slowly, I was so surprised by the speeds that I had to check to make sure wifi was off. From my test I got speeds equivalent to about 256kbps with edge, and I must say that when it switched to GPRS, there was a noticable difference, but it was still faster than cw's GPRS in that pages didn't just sit there for 30 secs before they start loading, they actually started loading within about 5 secs.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by toyanucci; Mar 23, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ♥Tεcнιε Priŋcεss♥ View Post
    Has anyone tried using the Swirly MMS app on the iphone?? If yes and it works what are the settings?
    have tried but didn't work. Gonna try again though.

Ok Docdibble....lemme know if it works and the settins you used. Thanks

If I see another man compare windows mobile "touch flo" to the iPhone its goin to start lookin like madness. There is no comparison....I dont own a htc touch but ive used one and it cannot in anyway compare to the slickness of an iphone. Jomo, just stop it, get the iphone and see for yourself ...dont like it? sell it and get back your beloved "Touch"

Quote Originally Posted by KingPen View Post
    If I see another man compare windows mobile "touch flo" to the iPhone its goin to start lookin like madness. There is no comparison....I dont own a htc touch but ive used one and it cannot in anyway compare to the slickness of an iphone. Jomo, just stop it, get the iphone and see for yourself ...dont like it? sell it and get back your beloved "Touch"
    well i must agree the touch flow is nothing compare to the iphones touch flow but when you have a phone wey cant even ring properly and lock you out of most stuff it just kill the wwhole purpose of the phone.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Cool

Ok Docdibble....lemme know if it works and the settins you used. Thanks
    okay techie princess and all the others here are the settings for the latest swirly mms version 0.3.6 just updated. Settings are as follows

MMSC: mmc.digiceljamaica.com/servlets/mms

PROXY: 172.016.007.012:8080

APN: wap.digiceljamaica.com

USERNAME: wapuser

PASSWORD: wap03jam

Try it and let me know cause it has been running smoothly for me. The original was problematic. As for Jomo I think u should try the iPhone for yourself before u comment. I was alot like u and stuck on symbian with my n95 and n82 but then decided to try this. Now gonna sell this and get a 16gb version. Phone is truly superb.
    Last edited by docdibble; Mar 25, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

hey thanks....totally works. I tried those settings before but it didnt work not sure why bt i guess as you sed it was becuz it needed to be updated. bt it works thanks agen

Cool

hey thanks....totally works. I tried those settings before but it didnt work not sure why bt i guess as you sed it was becuz it needed to be updated. bt it works thanks agen
    Should let you know though that because u cant have multiple edge settings and such the APN automatically changes in the edge setting to what ever u use in swirly. But if u change it in edge settings the same happens in in that the swirly APN changes too.