Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Specs Updated: Only 56 ROPs and Less than 2MB L2 Cache

Quote Originally Posted by brokegamer View Post
    As someone who bought the 970gtx i am slightly miffed, but im no tech guru the card is still solid and im not playing at resolutions where i should be hitting that much ram usage.
    Yeah as said in the video, this would really affect people who are going to use 4k mode with demanding games and it will be minimal since memory is random accessed. Everything else about the card is solid (including price), so I don't get all the raging those people on youtube going on about.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Yeah as said in the video, this would really affect people who are going to use 4k mode with demanding games and it will be minimal since memory is random accessed. Everything else about the card is solid (including price), so I don't get all the raging those people on youtube going on about.
    not just 4k. Depending on the game can happen down to 1080p with high textures and AA etc. What usually happens is the driver "optimizations" try very hard to limit the game to under 3.5GB but games using more and more vram.

Hope they get sued or start issuing cash credits/games
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

All the rage is for selling a product and lying about specs. You dont need 4k in these days.

I know I would be mad, but hey I have a a card that can access its full ram at full bandwidth
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Peet @Nvidia

Hey,

First, I want you to know that I'm not just a mod, I work for NVIDIA in Santa Clara.

I totally get why so many people are upset. We messed up some of the stats on the reviewer kit and we didn't properly explain the memory architecture. I realize a lot of you guys rely on product reviews to make purchase decisions and we let you down.

It sucks because we're really proud of this thing. The GTX970 is an amazing card and I genuinely believe it's the best card for the money that you can buy. We're working on a driver update that will tune what's allocated where in memory to further improve performance.

Having said that, I understand that this whole experience might have turned you off to the card. If you don't want the card anymore you should return it and get a refund or exchange. If you have any problems getting that done, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

--Peter
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ram-issue/160/

Peeter@Nvidia
    Actually I'm not sure as that's not a simple issue with just one cause. Card memory is not just used for the frame buffer, plenty of driver stuff gets loaded into it as well. We're looking at sticking as much of that stuff as possible into the 0.5GB space to leave the rest available.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ram-issue/161/

Peter@Nvidia
    I agree, I should have done this way sooner. Sometimes I spend too much time worrying about all the details instead of just STFU and do the right thing.

The GTX970 really does have 4GB of memory and can access all of it. And we're looking at ways to tweak the driver to better understand where to put stuff to make it even faster. But I totally get that it might not be the right product for your specific situation. If you really want to return it and are getting denied, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

A work around (not fix) is in the making. By forcing non game related stuff in the slow 500MB partition.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    A work around (not fix) is in the making. By forcing non game related stuff in the slow 500MB partition.
    Yeah that's what I figured they would do(as said when posted video above). Now isn't that good moderator service by Peter. Even explaining what they are working on.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

LOL

4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

That power consumption though :

That power consumption though :
    Do better than that POW. Thats just tdp

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/t...w-feat-evga/15
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Ok sir. Well for all who disappointed that their nicely priced GTX 970 with tons of features and pretty energy efficient, but caan bother because it go drop performance when it hit that 3.5 gig vram that most will never reach, can always take this AMD guys offer :

I will ditch nvidia asap. AMD has all the hardware features anyway. All nvidia has is software "enhancements" and apparently they cant even get 4GB right without charging too much.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo