Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cable providers blocking shows

what u guys dont understand is the majority of jamaicans dont have cable, so these local stations cant lose. with most soap operas no longer showing, these shows will help tremendously to increase viewership, n still, many of the cable viewers love these shows so much, that they not gonna be upset for long. they surely gonna watch them cvm n tvj. lol. trust me.......

............. but, i feel your pain.
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

They should at least not force us to watch HD shows in SD on CVM/TVJ..some shows (Olympics for example) are aired in HD and the cable provider has to block the HD feed on NBC,etc..not right at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
    I have noticed this trend our local cable providers since Tessanne entered the voice.
    They've Been Doing It For Years Though, The Oscars, Grammy's & Other Award Shows. That's How SPortsMaxx Came Up, They Buy Up All The Rights To Major Sporting Events.

Here is an interesting take on the matter. The Cable companies purchase rights to broadcast the channels but they don't always purchase rights to the content. E.g. They may have the rights to show the channel USA but a particular show might not be licensed for this broadcast in this region.

So the cable companies should actually be purchasing the content too. e.g. Suits as I don't want to watch it on CVM!

Is CVM & TVJ still broadcasting in 4:3 aspect ratio?

Well add 4 channels that have been removed now. Guess no more late night viewing of network TV.

Quote Originally Posted by WanabeR View Post
    Well add 4 channels that have been removed now. Guess no more late night viewing of network TV.
    Which channels (or shows) are you referring to?

i think 4:3 is stil the thing.. though CVM been advertising that they will be improving quality with digital links (probably between transmission towers)
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    Which channels (or shows) are you referring to?
    west coast ncb, cbs, fox, etc.... no longer available for broadcast in this region. Guess it's not FLOW's fault but I do hope the replace the channels with other offerings because I know the price wont reduce.

Quote Originally Posted by WanabeR View Post
    west coast ncb, cbs, fox, etc.... no longer available for broadcast in this region. Guess it's not FLOW's fault but I do hope the replace the channels with other offerings because I know the price wont reduce.
    Advise you take this opportunity to cut back on your media consumption. Find another drug. Like a game or two. More bang for the buck.