Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No Customs Duties on "phablets"

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Well according to Wiki

So Paulwell better stop charge me tax on my S5's
    that quote however has not given technical standards of a phablet, saying "typically" does not necessarily make it a standard essential, the s5 might have been a phablet 2-3 years ago, but by todays standards it is not, i'll be interested to see what the ministry classifies a phablet to be
    HTC One (M7)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (P6800)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Dr Phillips said the Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA) has been advised to classify phablets under tariff heading 847130 with description “portable automatic data processing machines, weighing not more than 10 kilograms, consisting of at least a central processing unit, a keyboard and a display,”
    That still not telling me what a phablet is... kmt
    cause if i'm to go by that then most the phones we have now are phablets.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I like my Phablets with cheese and lettece. This is a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    That still not telling me what a phablet is... kmt
    cause if i'm to go by that then most the phones we have now are phablets.

you're right, that is extremely vague, but as vague as it is, imagine how hard it will be to convince customs? lol what a headache that will be
    HTC One (M7)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Quote Originally Posted by interkaiser44 View Post
    you're right, that is extremely vague, but as vague as it is, imagine how hard it will be to convince customs? lol what a headache that will be
    As far as I see they can only class a Phablet by Screen size.. so whether is be over 5" or over 5.5". But that what they stated makes no sense.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

I trying not to think that there is not anyone here stupid enough to think that the will let you bring in note 3, S4 & S5 duty free that will never happen lol. The minister is talking about tablets not big phones. Once it can make calls you're are gonna have to pay duty on it. Lets see who will try to bring in their first S5 and see what happens lol. Doyou think that the government is stupid if you can afford to buy a note or S5 they know you can afford to clear it. They are freeing up the tablets as they did computers because they are pushing the use of tablets in schools
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
    I trying not to think that there is not anyone here stupid enough to think that the will let you bring in note 3, S4 & S5 duty free that will never happen lol. The minister is talking about tablets not big phones. Once it can make calls you're are gonna have to pay duty on it. Lets see who will try to bring in their first S5 and see what happens lol. Doyou think that the government is stupid if you can afford to buy a note or S5 they know you can afford to clear it. They are freeing up the tablets as they did computers because they are pushing the use of tablets in schools
    The Galaxy Note is what coined the term phablet. The Note 1/2/3 are all Phablets by all definitions. They all come with a Stylus for crying out loud.
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Apr 21, 2014 at 03:44 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

I know what a phablet is but i don't think the minister does
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by theseeker View Post
    if so why not just free up duty on tablets?? phablets and tablets are clearly two different things
    HTC One (M7)
    HP Pavilion dv6

Based on the legal definition dont hold your breath on this guys. The legal definition says it must have a keyboard and screen....
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......