Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Still looking for a job

Good luck yute please let us know how it went.
    Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often -Anonymous.......

Yea goodluck and I really hope yuh get tru bcos jobs so hard fi get in this society

Well.. Mi nuh wah jynx maself (I just might have so-- EDIT) - i think the interview went very well.. reason being is because i was able to answer all questions effectively while bringing myself across as a knowledgeable person, i was able to do well on the tests and for once.. i didnt feel like i was going to be overwhelmed at all by their expectations of me..(i really dont like when interviewers give off that vibe.. really).. at the end, we shook hands and they said that they were very impressed with my knowledge and capability and will let me know their decision by next week. I wasn't given much detail about compensation (not sure if thats a bad thing) but regardless - it was quite a fun interview

to be honest, im a bit worried about the commute in terms of time and cost but even worst, some people are telling me that i might have to move down there. not too sure if im ready to make such a big leap as yet. As such, im still exploring my options and seeing what else is out there before i make such a huge decision as move so far away from my girl and my family
    Last edited by vylle; Jun 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

jackal Guest

All the best on the interviews. But do remember this is a public forum and you never know who may be reading your posts. Personally I would go light on the details. So that bit about your next interview.......may be a bit much. Your describing an interview with one potential employer and then going on to mention you have another one lined up and calling the company's name.............might rub some ppl the wrong way. Just might......

How did the interview at Garvey go?
    There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult

Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA)

Quote Originally Posted by smithieallstar View Post
    How did the interview at Garvey go?
    Please see his previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    Well.. Mi nuh wah jynx maself but it went well.. I crimped a cross cable, did a networkin and pc diagnostics multiple choice test, and won over the head of ict.. They say they will call back soon. Now that it is over, getting ready for ma next interview with syncon
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    All the best on the interviews. But do remember this is a public forum and you never know who may be reading your posts. Personally I would go light on the details. So that bit about your next interview.......may be a bit much. Your describing an interview with one potential employer and then going on to mention you have another one lined up and calling the company's name.............might rub some ppl the wrong way. Just might......
    yeah - ur right, guess is the excitement cuz i usually have interviews weeks apart so its the first time this much interest has been placed in me. i should edit the post and trim down info.. i'll describe how it went briefly uptop

hope i didnt tick off anyone..forgive ma naiveness .. just really glad that things are goign my way after so long
    Last edited by vylle; Jun 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Facebook || Twitter

Well, i finished another interview for the internship position.. comparing the two interviews from the different companies, the first one showed more of an interest in me as a person over what i could do (which to me was good) while the second showed more of an interest in what i can do over myself (because there weren't much questions about me asked).

Anyway - im not too sure about my success from the second interview. When it came to questions on the basics, router config, subnetting, protocols, and other basic stuff; i could answer well, yet they looked a little disappointed near the end when i was unable to answer the questions on cisco networking specializations (i haven't gotten that far as yet..) Anyway they didn't outright say they would contact me.. but speaking with my contact within the business - he said he would follow up with me.

regardless, i sent both places a letter of appreciation to show that whatever the outcome may be - im glad they had the initial interest
    Last edited by vylle; Jun 6, 2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Facebook || Twitter

well, guys - i got the job as the new systems administrator for garvey maceo high

but jah know, im worried about the cost of commuting vs. cost of renting a place near by.. i figure it would cost me alot of time and a pretty penny to get from portmore to garvey maceo and back on a daily basis on a bus (yeah bus.. i dont have a car)

alternatively, i could rent a place near by which would cut out some of the time and cost for commuting.. but would cost more cuz it would include rent + utilities + groceries.

not sure what to do at all
    Last edited by vylle; Jun 7, 2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Facebook || Twitter

congrats on the job boss....well done
    u reach this far....i'm sure u'll figure sumn out lol
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000