Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still looking for a job

it nuh pretty out deh at all>>>>
    There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult

Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA)

yeah but truth is smith, there are certain jobs which one can consider relatively easy to get - eg. someone like me SHOULD consider a job like customer service rep easy to obtain seeing as how they have more than adequate requirements for the position. sadly, i havent even been able to obtain a job in customer service anywhere and i've looked around, flow, e-services, fullgram, and other places. I have a resume tailored for lower-requirement jobs (in case i get told im overqualified) - and organized maself well. i've gotten interviews with them which IMO went well cuz i left the room confident that the interviewers were impressed and even they themselves told me to expect a call from them before week end but still - not 1 callback for a job offer.

sadly, mi haffi agree wid crazee when him seh links rule cuz i dont see how come so many sure things slip out ma hands so
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

yea man it sad man............ pure links......... and the thing with it is that when Hr managers advertise a post an we are over qualified for that position they dont offer that job to us becuz they feel as if we are going to leave the job as soon as something better comes along which is true. so they give the job to persons that they think will stay in the job the longest regardless if u tell them that being overqualified is a problem.

yo u tried calling digicel an inquiring about summer internship?
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

i tried that before too.. i met one of the wimax development technicians there and he told me to give him my resume earlier this year - i submitted it to him but he hasnt gotten back to me (this was from February).. also did the same for Lime (ma father knows someone there), Syncon (Ma momz knows the CEO) and BOJ (ma cousin works in the I.T Dep). Most recently - i tried claro, ma bro has a friend that works there so i ask him to look out fa me but that is that

but it seems nothing has worked out thus far - and with all those "Links" i still nuh get nowhere
    Facebook || Twitter

who feels it knows it, im at home since november 2009 and still havent gotten a job, god knows i tried and still trying but i guess im just not lucky enough and i dont have no links cause i dont know anybody
    0N7Y GOD C@N JUDG3 M3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    who feels it knows it, im at home since november 2009 and still havent gotten a job, god knows i tried and still trying but i guess im just not lucky enough and i dont have no links cause i dont know anybody
    yo dont say that..... jus hav d faith
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

but fa real, mi know how fred feel.. mek mi tell u bout d tings dat a run tru my head crazee

I go 2 different university an come out wid a bachelors and an associates, mi buss ma head fa 6 years, neva fail nutting and come out wid all honors (2nd class but w/e). Nuff ppl mi did see inna school wasting time failing dem subjects an all a drop out.. AN IS DEM SAME PEOPLE GET JOB BEFORE ME!! all now a new batch a students leaving university and getting jobs while mi still sitting down here! now i'm doing my certs fi better myself and ma instructor notes me as one of the best in his class.. but at d end of the day, dem same ppl dere who drop out a school advancing in dem carreer and might all be d ppl interviewing me! (that has happened to me twice since i left utech - makes for an awkward moment)

yeah frustration piles on every now and then (depends on the season) but in my case, it affects me alot cuz even family members constantly getting on ma case about it.

but yeh - d only ting i can do is jus keep at it and jus keep looking forward cuz it mek no sense to do anything else otherwise
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    last times i signed up with a job ajencies - they made off with 1K and 3K respectively
    Well it seems like seh u visit di wrong job agencies, right now mi sign up wit 2 job agencies and di 1st 1 charge mi bout $400 fi register, the 2nd 1 Nuh charge mi none at all, looking 4 a job agency neva u look in the classified bcuz that's where the scammers are

so it seems, but which agency u go to that dont charge? a dat mi wah know! u got any interviews tru them?

anyway, i found two jamaican job search websites that seem to have some things i havent seen in the gleaner or on other sites. i applied to around 3 jobs today, lets see what happens
    Facebook || Twitter

i join 2 job agencies too and they dont charge, but when they get jobs for u they get a percentage of ur pay so i guess thats the catch.
    0N7Y GOD C@N JUDG3 M3!!!