Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to connect Black berry messenger using wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    This has happen to me b4, it even works when i'm connected to the wifi and turn of the data services.
    Wheeellly ... If data Services is off, that means Data services is off lol ... So for you to be using Data is wheeely odd

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_nitros View Post
    Well guys I collected the bb 9300 and I realise that in the mobile network option there is a mode where u can select: wifi only, cellular network only etc. Don't see that mode in either the. Bold 2 nor bold3. She verified with me that. From here. Bb service is disconnected she ask been using it on the. Wifi only, that was selected in the mobile network options. Hence I think that's the cause of getting the bbm to connect via wifi
    Glitch in the Matrix, enjoy it while it last Mr. Anderson,.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

As I said before it BBM will work over Wi-Fi however eventually RIM will realise that your BIS service has expired and stop you from connecting altogether. Whenever I travel abroad I turn off mobile network hence I basically am not roaming as far as my carrier and RIM is concerned, however I still check email browse and use BBM over Wi-Fi.

If you have never subscribed to BIS meaning its a new phone, you will not be able to use BBM over Wi-fi or even browse as you will not have the correct service books installed and will not be registered with RIM.

Blackberries have a preference for Wi-Fi over EDGE or 3G because the data connection is faster. If you notice the Youtube application will actually work over Wi-Fi and many data centric applications require Wi-Fi to work. e.g. Online Radio. BBM also works faster over Wi-Fi as BBM messages are delivered instantaneously.

Stop trying to beat the system and not pay for BIS. The Bold devices you have mentioned sound as if they are not subscribed and hence will NOT WORK. Give up.

For those that do not believe that you can use BBM over Wi-Fi alone, just turn off mobile network and leave Wi-Fi checked and you will notice that messages still come through. This will only work for users with an active subscription or those whose subscription has expired and have not been deactivated as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_nitros View Post
    My female friend has a bb 9300 and her bb service is disconnected and she is able to use her bbm via wifi. From that discovery, she hasn't put back on any bb service from digicel etc. Now I am trying to connect my Black berry 9700 and 9650 and no luck, has anyone been able to connect there bbm via wifi And how?
    I'm sure this is a system error on the side of RIM as this should never happen. I am sure this issue will be corrected quite soon and she will be running back to Digicel.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991