Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100% free WI-FI in Barbados.

Default 100% free WI-FI in Barbados.

Last edited by teeveejaa; Apr 25, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

Nice! wish we could have projects similar to that in Jamaica
    then again most of the students would probably be on Facebook or some online gaming website

******! all we would need now is a Tesla style power grid (electricity in the ground) and we would be set. walking around with unlimited power at your feet and instant connection to anywhere in the world. IMAGINE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rodogg View Post
    ******! all we would need now is a Tesla style power grid (electricity in the ground) and we would be set. walking around with unlimited power at your feet and instant connection to anywhere in the world. IMAGINE!!!
    you know only a few of us in ja think that way though, if the government implemented things like these we'd be so nice right now, but a guess we wont see that until some young minds take control of the country
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

damn.....we need this in JA asap......but i guess this wont happen till i have grand kids.....n im only 18 cause jamaica's government isnt tech oriented

Its wrong to compare Barbados and Jamaica with a project such as this. Barbados is 431 square kilometres while Jamaica is 10,990 square kilometres they aren't in the same league in terms of size at all. Not only is Jamaica more than 20 times larger than Barbados, the terrain is also completely different.

Just ask Dekal how long and how money they have spent to set up Wi-Fi access points all around the country and I'm sure they still don't have 100% coverage. That project in Barbados will take less than a year to be completed.

A population density of 284,000 compared to 2.8 million! Even discussing this is pointless. Would it be nice to have in Jamaica also? A resounding yes, however we can't even pay our civil servants, balance our budget or maintain law and order, a problem that Barbados DOES NOT have.

Need I say anymore.
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by psilos View Post
    A population density of 284,000 compared to 2.8 million! Even discussing this is pointless. Would it be nice to have in Jamaica also? A resounding yes, however we can't even pay our civil servants, balance our budget or maintain law and order, a problem that Barbados DOES NOT have.
    Barbados have this problem too. There are times when months go by and Civil servants do not get paid.
    Simple is good.

Actually...the population density in Barbados is HIGHER than in Jamaica
    BA 660person/km^2 vs JA 252person/km^2, this fact however helps them in establishing this free WI-FI network easier too though.

Establishing something like this in Jamaica would not be easy, but don't sweat it guys, believe in your country one day we'll be doing a project like this or one with even greater standards
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    Barbados have this problem too. There are times when months go by and Civil servants do not get paid.
    What evidence do you have to support this statement?