Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Apps To Have For Android "Categorized" (Good Read for Android Newbies)

rhatid....i'm so daft LMAO ......i did the adb method and i accidentally had the phone plugged in and realized it got installed.......thanks much.....going try root it now.....

Quote Originally Posted by K-Swiss View Post
    rhatid....i'm so daft LMAO ......i did the adb method and i accidentally had the phone plugged in and realized it got installed.......thanks much.....going try root it now.....
    Aight great lol... let me know if you get through... after rooting use the "allow non-market apps" in superoneclick, or go flash a custom rom such as CM7

well.... i did the "permanent root" it did what it was to do and then automatically went back to the homescreen.....then i did a reboot.....

try installing an app that requires root to work... or open z4root and see if it says re-root or un-root... if it does you should be good. If not re-root and try again. Here is an app that is used just to check if you are rooted

Root Checker
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Aug 8, 2011 at 11:50 PM.

respects bossy.....greatly appreciated!

no prob boss, glad to help

I used z-root to root a dezire z. Then I was tying to overclock it, but couldnt.

Do I need something else?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Has anyone ever used this program? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944418

to be honest they say these things are easy but i am just affraid to brick my phone LOL ....... coming from a blackberry that can be updated wih your eyes closed.....

what i really want to know now.......what do i do after rooting? ....i have tried going into recovery mode(volume keys + power button) and was able to, so i guess i'm good to go with the rooting aspect? ......

K-Swiss everything good?
    I rooted the phone before I gave you so you shouldn't need to be doing that again. You want to put a custom rom on it? (sorry I haven't even read the last page if you posted there)

Okay I just read back the last 2 pages, I assuming you trying to install non-market apps. I enabled it but if you did a factory reset it would have blocked them again. If you have SuperOneClick and the drivers everything working then all you should have to do is click on "Shell Root" and if that passes then click on "Allow Non-Market Apps". Sometimes it doesn't work on your first try but I usually just click them again til it goes through, but you have to do the shell root before you can do the allow non-market apps.
    Last edited by chig; Aug 9, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

Wha gwan chig....the phone good and all and yeah i did the reset after i got it.........so now i'm juss trying to get a custom rom on it .......as for the non market apps......i got around that ..thanks to King_Jay16......