Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Good Apps To Have For Android "Categorized" (Good Read for Android Newbies)

Adblock Plus

Android: If you love Adblock Plus on the desktop, now you can take it with you on your Android phone. Adblock Plus for Android blocks ads on sites while you browse and even suppresses ads inside of ad-supported applications. Best of all, it's completely free.

Adblock Plus for Android doesn't require root access to your phone to suppress ads, but works best if your device is rooted. If you're rooted, it'll suppress ads over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi with no additional configuration required. If you're not rooted and you're running Ice Cream Sandwich, it'll block ads over Wi-Fi but not 3G/4G. If your device is running Gingerbread or earlier, you'll have to set up Adblock's proxy manually to get it to work. Speaking of proxies, that's how Adblock Plus for Android manages to strip out all of those ads: it routes all of your traffic through a local proxy on your device (update: the AdBlock team wanted to clarify: the proxy is set up locally on your device and updated periodically, your traffic is not sent to them.) their servers, and removes the ads before it gets to your phone.

I've been testing builds of Adblock Plus for Android for months now, and the app has come a long way. The app is still a little quirky, especially when your the local proxy stops working and you wonder for a few moments, frustrated, why none of your apps are refreshing and why your sites won't load, but restarting the app or your phone usually takes care of it. It works as advertised though, and once installed allows you to choose which blocking list you want to use (Fanboy's List is the default, but EasyList and other specific regional lists are also available.)

I still had an app here and there where some ads snuck through, and it's important to note that the only reason so many great Android apps remain free are because the ads support the developers, so keep that in mind. If you're tired of obtrusive and annoying mobile ads in your favorite apps though (or your favorite apps are ad-supported and you couldn't buy pro versions even if you wanted to,) Adblock Plus for Android is worth a look.
    http://lifehacker.com/5963428/adbloc...-all-your-apps
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckplus.android

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post

People on the play store saying it hogs a lot of RAM, but it does work....

adfree

from big red can . a win in my book.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Free for 12 hours: Duke Nukem 3D Android

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007OAGY40/ref=mas_ty

Amazon app store

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    This app shaat!!! Sometimes its a little bit too aggressive

EDS Lite

EDS (Encrypted Data Store) allows you to store your files in encrypted container to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information.

Main features:
    * AES-256 encryption.
    * Encrypt/decrypt any kind of file.
    * Click on a file to start it's default viewer. Changes to this file will be saved automatically.
    * TrueCrypt(R) compatible containers. You can mount your containers to your pc directly from your phone using TrueCrypt(R).
    * All the standard file operations supported.
    * You can use share (send to) functions to encrypt photos from gallery or videos from media player, etc.
    * Internet access is not required.
    * EDS Lite source code is now available at http://sovworks.com/eds .

If you want to use your TrueCrypt container in Eds you should use the following settings when creating container.
    Encryption algorithm: AES 256
    Hash algorithm: SHA-512
    File system: FAT

Program features

EDS (Encrypted Data Store) lets you store your files in the encrypted container to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information. Main program features:

AES-256 encryption.
    Encrypt/decrypt any kind of file.
    TrueCrypt(R) compatible containers. You can mount your containers to your pc directly from your device using TrueCrypt(R).
    Container mounting is now supported (on rooted devices). You can use any file manager, gallery program or media player to acces your files inside the container.(not available in the "Lite" version, root access required)
    All the standard file operations supported.
    Click on a file to open it in the default viewer. Changes to this file will be saved automatically.
    You can play media files directly from the container (not available in the "Lite" version).
    You can use a hand-drawn pattern along with a password to get easier access to your container on a device with a touch screen (not available in the "Lite" version).
    You can use an integrated records editor with customizable fields to store different types of records. E.g., you can setup one directory in your container to store your passwords and another to store your credit cards information (not available in the "Lite" version).
    You can use indexed search to find files or records in your container (not available in the "Lite" version).
    You can synchronize your containers using Dropbox (not available in the "Lite" version).
    You can quickly open the folder (or file) that you want from the Home screen using widget (not available in the "Lite" version).

The full version of the program requires Internet Access permission. It is used for Dropbox synchronization and to play media files. Media files are played using http streaming. It requires a connection to the local socket. The program won't make any external connections (except Dropbox server connection if synchronization is enabled).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....edslite&hl=en
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Jan 10, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Mi File Explorer

Major Features:
    - Root access
    - Categorized files (Music, Videos, Pictures, Apk, ...)
    - Global search
    - Favorites
    - Supports Dropbox
    - Supports FTP, FTPS, SFTP
    - Extract and create zip files
    - Share files via FTP
    - Send apk via Bluetooth to all devices

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1523691

Swiftkey Flow is on sale @ $1.99 both tablet and phones

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Feb 26, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

^^ Been having that a while now for both my Tablet and phone. It's the best keyboard I've used...
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    ^^ Been having that a while now for both my Tablet and phone. It's the best keyboard I've used...
    same here... got the phone version free from amazon, thinking about buying the tablet version though.. don't need it it as long as I have my tablet dock but its a nice keyboard to use when not using the dock.