Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Apps To Have For Android "Categorized" (Good Read for Android Newbies)

Default A slew of popular apps suddenly are 10 cents in the Android Market

For those who are not big on spending money on apps but don't want to acquire it the ill egal way

These apps are on sale for 10 cents in the Market.

Source --> http://www.androidcentral.com/slew-p...android-market

• Great Little War Game
    • SketchBook Mobile
    • Paper Camera
    • Sound Hound
    • Asphalt 6
    • Fieldrunners HD
    • Swiftkey
    • Minecraft
    • Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro
    The ones in bold are my personal favourite apps right now
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

^^ Wow great find! Buying some now! Already had Paper Camera.

Ok so I got 4 and this seems to be running for 10 days...I'll be hooked can't wait to see what's next. Can't beat $0.10 for premium apps!

I noticed an "R" at my signal bar suddenly today. What is that?
    Last edited by Technoboy; Dec 6, 2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

SECURITY APPLICATIONS

* AVG Anti-Virus (PAID: ON SALE FOR $0.99 ) - Anti-virus Free protects your phone from viruses,malware & exploits in real-time

Free Antivirus from AVG Mobilation – security software for Android™ .
    Keep your device safe with just one click.

Download Anti-Virus free today and:
    √ Scan apps, settings, files, and media in real time
    √ Find your lost or stolen phone via Google maps
    √ Backup and restore all your valuable apps and data
    √ Lock and wipe your device to protect your privacy
    √ Kill tasks that slow your phone down

A closer look

AVG and DroidSecurity have partnered together to protect you from threats to your security, privacy and online identity by focusing specifically on the mobile environment.

With free antivirus for Android you’ll receive effective, easy-to-use virus and malware protection, as well as a real-time scanner, backup assistant, phone locator, task killer, app locker and local device wipe.

Real-time scanner
    Keeps you protected no matter how you download your apps or games

Anti-Virus Free also:

√ Protects apps from viruses, malware and spyware
    √ Identifies unsecure device settings and advise how to fix them.
    √ Ensures emails, contacts, bookmarks and text messages are securely safe
    √ Checks media files for malicious software and security threats
    √ Can be run daily, weekly, or on demand

Backup (Beta version)
    Back up contacts, call logs, bookmarks, text and media messages to your SD card

Phone locator
    √ Locate your lost or stolen phone and help you find it via Google maps
    √ Turn your phone GPS on remotely and have the device send its location using GPS
    √ Lock your phone remotely via our Mobile Control Panel or by sending SMS to your phone to protect your data
    √ Set a lock screen message to help the locator find you
    √ Make your device ring even if your phone is on silent mode

Task killer
    Kill tasks that slow down or freeze up your device

App locker
    Lock apps to protect your privacy

Local wipe
    Completely wipe contacts, text messages, photos, browser history, calendar and wipes the SD card

Languages supported:
    Arabic, Brazilian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish

Download Links

VIA MARKET HERE

GPS APPLICATIONS

* Waze: Community GPS navigation (FREE ) - A cool social driving and navigation app that connects you to other drivers.

New - Now with complete voice guidance using advanced natural text-to-speech capabilities (English USA and Canada only. More languages coming soon!)

Waze is a free social traffic and navigation app that uses real-time road reports from drivers nearby to save commuting time and improve your everyday driving. Way more than just another free navigation app, waze's social layer is what sets it apart - giving drivers the power to work together to report and receive the most relevant traffic information available at any given moment. Plus, it actually makes commuting a whole lotta fun!

Waze is as interactive as you want it to be - by simply driving with the app open on your phone, you passively contribute traffic and other road data that waze incorporates to keep the map 100% live, but you can also take a more active role by sharing road reports on accidents, police traps, or any other hazards along the way, helping to give other users in the area a 'heads-up' about what's to come. And the first time you receive a “speedtrap ahead” alert that was reported by another wazer, you'll understand the advantages of drivers working together for the common good.

The benefits of social driving continue with localized driving groups, Foursquare, Twitter & Facebook integrations, alongside other cool geo-gaming elements. And because it's user-generated, the more people who use waze, the better (and more addictive!) it gets, so join the over 3 million drivers, worldwide, who’re contributing to the local driving communities in their areas, and hit the road using Waze today!

For more information, check out our guided tour:http://www.waze.com/guided_tour/

Download Links

VIA MARKET HERE
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Jan 18, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Another good productivity app is Kingsoft Office, it edits Microsoft files and has a nice interface

Android ADB Management

Windows/Mac/Linux and Android: If you've ever tinkered with your phone, you've probably heard of ADB, the command line debug tool for Android. If you're not in love with the command line, though, QtADB brings ADB's file management, app installation, and more to a friendly GUI.

Whether you're tweaking a few system files on your phone or trying to root it, sometimes you have no other choice but to run some commands in an ADB shell. The command line can be intimidating, though, not to mention slow and arduous if you haven't beefed up your command line ninja skills. If you just need to perform a couple quick tasks, qtADB makes the process easy by bringing tons of ADB's most common uses—from file management to app installation to backups—to a friendly desktop program. It even contains a built-in ADB shell if you find you need to run a manual command or two. Check out the video above to see it in action, and hit the link below to download it.

QtADB is a free download for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, and works with Android devices.
    Source: http://qtadb.wordpress.com/

* Android Commander (FREE ) -

Android Commander is windows application to keep control on your android apps and files from PC. This is a small, very very fast and intuitive app.
    If someone want to try it, go a head. But remember, you doing this on your own risk! I'm not professional programmer, this is only my hobby

Program Requirements
    Before you install the program you should read this:

Phone Requirements:
    - ADB ROOT Access
    - BusyBox
    - „Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging” must be enabled
    - USB Cable

Computer Requirements:
    - Windows XP/Vista/7
    - ADB USB Driver
    - Java JDK
    - Minimum 800×600 screen resolution

Android Commander should works for any android device, but here is list of devices confirmed by me or users.

Before you report any problem to me, read program FAQ.

Full list of program features.

Screens:
    Android Commander screenshots gallery

Download Links

VIA SITE HERE
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Jan 19, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post

MARKET APPLICATIONS

ACCESS PAID ANDROID APPLICATIONS FOR FREE BELOW

* Applanet(FREE) - Access Paid Apps for FREE! (SERVER IS BACK UP AND RUNNING

Applanet's massive database contains more than 14,000 Android applications. You have access to the latest version of both free and paid applications found in the Android Market and even some you can't find and will not need to pay for anything! Applanet is your one-stop alternative app market.

Familiar Interface

Whether you are a power user or a new user to the Android O.S., Applanet has a familiar interface like the one found in the Android Market. You can view Apps, Games and which of your existing applications that might have updates available.

Share Your Experience

Each user has the ability to rate and leave a comment about apps that they have downloaded and installed from Applanet. This includes but not limits you to post reasons why you use/enjoy an app, flaws with an app or notify us if the application appears to be out-of-date.

Download Links

VIA DEVELOPER WEBSITE HERE
    VIA DIRECT APP LINK HERE
    A great alternative to Applenet is apktops.com.... it is not an app but to me its better cuz applenet crashed on me and I had to uninstall it.

http://www.apktops.com/
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    A great alternative to Applenet is apktops.com.... it is not an app but to me its better cuz applenet crashed on me and I had to uninstall it.

http://www.apktops.com/
    Another good one is SnappzMarket

great info peeps, i really didnt kno this stuff!
    mikeyspice11@hotmail.com
    367-3881

I found a great new app its called onlive desktop its free so check it out

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...onlive.desktop

You basically get a windows to run on your tablet (im sure about the phone) virtually im using it now its pretty cool, they have included the office suite and you can upload your flies and share them with others
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Anybody into Astronomy or just space in general check out Solar System Explorer real neat application. Also try satellite AR, lets you track different satellites and the International Space Station.
    http://vanguardtec.blogspot.com/
    iNtel i5 3570K-Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3-8GB DDR3-ATi Radeon 6870 1GB