Thread: Interested in co-founding a tech startup?

Default Interested in co-founding a tech startup?

If you have the following skill sets;

• Programming (PHP, Python, Java, C, C++, or Ruby)
    • DBA (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
    • Graphic Design Skills
    • Business and/or Management Skills

Then you may be interested in co-founding Discoverpost (http://cl.ly/60PT) with a group of like-minded persons. If you are remotely interested, then you can leave me a message on Techjamaica, or send me an email at raferbop@gmail.com

I'm also looking for co-founders (well only "kind of looking" in my case), but it's interesting that you would choose this as one of the ways you look. This would not have occurred to me, but I can't think of a reason not to give it a try.

The link is giving Application Error page
    Notorios
    That Which Is Not Defined Is Infinitely Great
    Google The Search Engine Of The Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Notorios View Post
    The link is giving Application Error page
    It's an issue with the amazon servers. I hope they will have the issues sorted out soon.

@Notorios, if you're interested, I can send you a screen shot of the actual PSD file for the home page. @sking, I got that advice from Owen, but my experience is that you have to look at every option. I was very fortunate to meet jayrulez on here, hands down the brightest coder I have ever met, and he is very much in the mold of a Brian Wong. I am currently trying to scan through Twitter, and next up, the campuses. But sking, please share your idea though.

I like doing graphics and have a (little) bit of experience in Java.

So count me in.
    The fox was probably right - they could have been sour grapes.

Thanks CyberCat, just send me an email (raferbop@gmail.com) and we can set up a meeting online or in person. Afterwards, I will provide you with a discoverpost email address, and send you an invite to our yammer page where you will be able access some of our files, and previous member discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafer View Post
    ... @sking, I got that advice from Owen, but my experience is that you have to look at every option. I was very fortunate to meet jayrulez on here, hands down the brightest coder I have ever met, and he is very much in the mold of a Brian Wong. I am currently trying to scan through Twitter, and next up, the campuses. But sking, please share your idea though.
    Basically, I think programming tools have become very complicated and require a huge investment in time and effort to really master. I'm betting that there is a market for simplier programming tools that are easy for programmers to use (and to learn how to use). I think the way to make this work is to create tools that are focused on creating particular types of programs (in other words, don't try to compete with the the big huge general purpose programming tools like Visual Studio).

Right now, I'm writing all the code (compiler, IDE, run-time, libraries, etc), and documentation, which is taking a long time, so I'm looking for a co-founder to help build the next release of the product. I'm looking for someone with experience developing commercial software, or who has made significant contributions (with code) to a major open source project.

You can take a look at my companies website: http://www.irietools.com/ to get an idea of what I've done so far.

The current product is a general purpose Pascal compiler and run-time environment, but I now realise that there's no point in going up against Delphi, so the next release will be more focused.

@sking...very impressive. Projects like irietools is why I believe Jamaica has the potential to become a major tech hub, not only in Caribbean, but the world. Jayrulez is pushing the startup Jamaica project, which seeks to bring together people like yourself who have identified a market need, and have the technical competence to bring it to market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafer View Post
    If you have the following skill sets;

• Programming (PHP, Python, Java, C, C++, or Ruby)
    • DBA (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
    • Graphic Design Skills
    • Business and/or Management Skills

Then you may be interested in co-founding Discoverpost (http://cl.ly/60PT) with a group of like-minded persons. If you are remotely interested, then you can leave me a message on Techjamaica, or send me an email at raferbop@gmail.com
    I am odessy and I am apart of the Discoverpost project if your interested in this project you can let me know or rafer. The link in the post rafer made doesn't work can get a link if your interested.
    Last edited by odessymark; Sep 4, 2011 at 08:45 PM.