Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Playbook Reviews!

Yeah i have owned both devices .. Had First Gen/Second iPod Touch .. First Gen iPhone and iPhone 3g .. BB 8310/8320/9000/Pearl Flip/9800 ,.. Have not owned any droids as yet as that device just does not appeal to me at this point in time, but i have nothing against them, but i have played around with a few.

To compare both iPhones i had was great, but shortly after become very boring due to the lack of cost effective data.. my BB's just always get's the job done for the best price, so it was always in my hand, never had time to get bored with it as it was being used for it's key features and not as a device to keep me entertained.

With a BB and Playbook that's even more savings, as you can just use the Blackberry bridge and use your BB internet.

I'm not disputing what your saying or anything, I'm just saying the playbook after a few weeks or so should be right up there with the iPad,.. and most likely will crush any droid tablet in it's way.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Yeah i have owned both devices .. Had First Gen/Second iPod Touch .. First Gen iPhone and iPhone 3g .. BB 8310/8320/9000/Pearl Flip/9800 ,.. Have not owned any droids as yet as that device just does not appeal to me at this point in time, but i have nothing against them, but i have played around with a few.

To compare both iPhones i had was great, but shortly after become very boring due to the lack of cost effective data.. my BB's just always get's the job done for the best price, so it was always in my hand, never had time to get bored with it as it was being used for it's key features and not as a device to keep me entertained.

With a BB and Playbook that's even more savings, as you can just use the Blackberry bridge and use your BB internet.

I'm not disputing what your saying or anything, I'm just saying the playbook after a few weeks or so should be right up there with the iPad,.. and most likely will crush any droid tablet in it's way.

Blackberry Bridge Browser in action!

More savings as you have said...They're getting their excrement together as I've said, Excellent device as we've both said lololol
    Google Nexus 6P™

Yezzir ... Should be an interesting device ..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

I think it is a great first effort from RIM, I hope they don't take too long to upgrade. Blackberry has its followers and they will keep it alive in whatever form it is presented. I have they privilege of sampling one for two days last week, and kind of like the feel. It would be a greater contender if it had cell service rather than being tethered to a BB phone. Nice screen. Plays game lovely (need for speed). Just wondering how good it will be with a 10inch screen. Although smaller than the Ipad it some how feel heavier.
    Last edited by uncle; Apr 16, 2011 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle View Post
    It would be a greater contender if it had cell service rather than being tethered to a BB phone.
    In the Pipeline..
    http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_4...hspa+-3900.php

BlackBerry 4G PlayBook HSPA+

General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100
    Announced 2011, February
    Status Coming soon. Exp. release 2011, Q2

Even greater if you can just use a Blackberry Data Plan .. MORE SAVINGS lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Pricing is ridiculous tho.. needs to be cut in half

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Somebody need to merged both topics ...

Trust me, when the playbook hits, it will be Apple and RIM in the home stretch once again All Droid Tabs will just Die lol

lol! does droid even make tabs? sad, real sad

Well, I bit the bullet and got me a 32gb Playbook over the weekend. I recommended the iPad 2 to a bredrin and we both went to best buy, he got the last white iPad and I got the last 32gb Playbook lol.

Its almost impossible to compare the two, because while similar, they are quite different. As it stands, the only thing I wish the playbook could take from the ipad 2 is the appstore. Apps on the playbook pale in comparison by quantity and quality, but for everything else, I'm glad i chose the playbook.

The size is perfect for me. I'm actually typing this up using my two thumbs on the playbooks screen btw. The weight is nice and sturdy, no cheap feeling at all, and the screen is gorgeous to say the least. Blackberry Bridge works well enough but there is room for allot of improvement.

The browser is the 2nd best feature of this tablet, but it will likely be the most used. The browser is the full browser you find at your desktop. No itching, no lagging. Full flash sans the aforementioned itching and lagging. I haven't touched my laptop in days lol. The #1 feature however is the hdmi out. Now, I'm one of those guys who would bring my computer over for movie night, and with this device, I'll never have to again. Loaded up some 1080p movies and fired them up via hdmi out in 1080p in presenter mode and it was flawlessly awesome. It played effortlessly. Smooth as butter, while it allowed me to continue browsing without affecting the playback of the movie on the big screen it was connected to.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the sheer multitasking power of this device and am hoping the devs will jump on board, but even as is, its a better fit to my needs than an iPad 2 with comparable battery life. Things RIM need to get fixed quick is bbm in bb bridge and system wide spell check and auto correct, but they are well on their way.

Anyhow, back to work!

Last edited by toyanucci; Apr 27, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
    Google Nexus 6P™

Good stuff,.. I never got bitten by the Tablet bug, more so the iPad, but the playbook is surely calling me ... New Bold Touch + Playbook should be a sweet combo
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Concerned about the 7" form factor. I thought Steve Jobs was being disingenuous when he bashed the 7" form factor. An iPad is basically a bigger iPod touch... Which many have stated as a negative but the only problem with the iPod touch was the mistake apple made in calling it an iPod and it's small screen size. The iPod touch is a hell of a tablet computer and the extra screen real-estate on the iPad makes it many many times better.

Have not used a playbook so won't knock it but it's future or lack thereof will all be about the apps... The only negative I have discovered which may affect playbook and android users is that non native iPad apps meaning those made for the iPod suck badly. I have deleted most of them in favor of native iPad apps. Another issue is that with all the iPad native apps available the selection of iPad apps as opposed to iPod apps is severely lacking. I can't even imagine the poor selection of native Android 3.0 and playbook apps. Those who question the importance of quality native apps must not have used many of these apps to see how important apps truly are.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds