Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberry Playbook Reviews!

Default Blackberry Playbook Reviews!

Well, I bit the bullet and got me a 32gb Playbook over the weekend. I recommended the iPad 2 to a bredrin and we both went to best buy, he got the last white iPad and I got the last 32gb Playbook lol.

Its almost impossible to compare the two, because while similar, they are quite different. As it stands, the only thing I wish the playbook could take from the ipad 2 is the appstore. Apps on the playbook pale in comparison by quantity and quality, but for everything else, I'm glad i chose the playbook.

The size is perfect for me. I'm actually typing this up using my two thumbs on the playbooks screen btw. The weight is nice and sturdy, no cheap feeling at all, and the screen is gorgeous to say the least. Blackberry Bridge works well enough but there is room for allot of improvement.

The browser is the 2nd best feature of this tablet, but it will likely be the most used. The browser is the full browser you find at your desktop. No itching, no lagging. Full flash sans the aforementioned itching and lagging. I haven't touched my laptop in days lol. The #1 feature however is the hdmi out. Now, I'm one of those guys who would bring my computer over for movie night, and with this device, I'll never have to again. Loaded up some 1080p movies and fired them up via hdmi out in 1080p in presenter mode and it was flawlessly awesome. It played effortlessly. Smooth as butter, while it allowed me to continue browsing without affecting the playback of the movie on the big screen it was connected to.

All in all, I'm very pleased with the sheer multitasking power of this device and am hoping the devs will jump on board, but even as is, its a better fit to my needs than an iPad 2 with comparable battery life. Things RIM need to get fixed quick is bbm in bb bridge and system wide spell check and auto correct, but they are well on their way.

Anyhow, back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Three reviews from three popular tech sites have surfaced...Engadget, Crackberry.com and Boy Genius Reviews.
    Last edited by toyanucci; Apr 27, 2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added my own personal review to the first post
    Google Nexus 6P™

damn that thing is tiny
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    Maybe, but the Playbook isn't a phone is it...

Google Nexus 6P™

Somebody need to merged both topics ...

Trust me, when the playbook hits, it will be Apple and RIM in the home stretch once again All Droid Tabs will just Die lol

---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Playbook wont be a competition cause it cant connect to a cellular network and Non of ur blackberry apps on ur phone can work with it. They have to create new apps from the ground up. They have a long way to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    Playbook wont be a competition cause it cant connect to a cellular network and Non of ur blackberry apps on ur phone can work with it. They have to create new apps from the ground up. They have a long way to catch up.
    It's a Blackberry, that is enough competition
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    It's a Blackberry, that is enough competition
    Lol! Hahaha ok sir........

Lol @ Video 1:51 - "Hang on, Gotta go swipe"

The OS needs an update ASAP
    Last edited by sk@tta; Apr 14, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

yeah, he found out how to do it thou lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    yeah, he found out how to do it thou lol
    oh wow i missed that part. Neat implementation with the right mouse clicking. Nice