Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: PSN failure

I think geohotz have something to do with this psn getting hacked still but I'm just a major conspiracy nut
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

Default LulzSec: "We're hacking Sony right now"

The group that claimed responsibility for last week's PBS website hack has claimed it is hacking Sony right now – and stealing "internal" information.

"Hey @Sony, you know we're making off with a bunch of your internal stuff right now and you haven't even noticed? Slow and steady, guys" reads a tweet published by the hackers this morning.

LulzSec, as the group is known, threatened Sony with what it describes as an "operation".

"This is the beginning of the end for Sony," it said on Twitter.

Then, "(Sony + Ownage) Phase 1 will begin within the next day. We may have a pre-game show for you folks though. Stay tuned."

LulzSec has already hacked the PBS website, posting a report that deceased rapper Tupac Shakur is "alive and well" in New Zealand, along with Biggie Smalls, aka The Notorious BIG.

It is also reportedly responsible for the hacks on Sony BMG's Japanese website.

Sony said this morning that it will fully restore PlayStation Network services by the end of the week.

Sony took PSN offline on 20th April following a hack that saw personal information tied to 77 million accounts compromised.

Sony is working with the FBI to track down those responsible.
    eurogamer
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    So I know everybody got this email and it seriously has me questioning the truth behind this PSN failure..

Now I know they say its free for the first year, but of course there will be a charge after that. Now is it that this was simply something that came up due to the hack or was there some underhanded business going on
    Short answer >> Yes and Yes...

Now the're trying to protect customers and also a way to catch the culprits. Identity theft doesn't disappear once sony fixes their side of the fence. Hackers may or not still have the information ready to make a move. This service by Debix will be the watch dog for anyone who signs up. Which def is Sony paying Debix to do damage control.
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Those whinny little children really need to grow up. =P
    No one expects the Inquisition.

Sony hacked again. Sonypictures this time

Sony network attacked again
    Breaking news

A hacker group has claimed it has attacked the Sony network and stolen more than one million passwords, email addresses and other information.

Lulz Security said it broke into servers which run SonyPictures.com.

Sony said it was aware of Lulz Security's statement and was investigating, the Associated Press reported.

In April, hackers broke into Sony's PlayStation Network and stole data from more than 77 million accounts.

That attack was considered the biggest in internet history and led to Sony shutting down the PlayStation Network and other services for almost a month.

In a statement on Thursday, Lulz Security said it had hacked into a database that included unencrypted passwords as well as names, addresses and dates of birth of Sony customers.

"From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING," it said. "Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?"

The group also recently claimed responsibility for hacking the website of the PBS network and posting a fake story in protest of a new programme on WikiLeaks.

Are you affected by any of the issues raised in this story? Send us your comments and experiences using the form below.
    bbc
    All rights reserved.

On seriously what do this hackers get out of this, ok fine Sony's security is lame help them nuh, don't kick a man when he is down, and the sad part is tht they aren't so much affecting the big wigs at sony but the consumers who just wanna watch movies or play games, I support hackers and hacking if you are doing it to make ppl aware of flaws and insecurities but what i don't support is douches hacking and making ppl's lives inconvenient.

On a side note the US gov announced that hacking will now be seen as an act of war so i will personally cheer when they catch the group responsible and lock them up in some dark hole so that they can sit and think in darkness
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Hacking not in the general sense. 2 US Defence contractors were hacked or someone tried to hack them. They are focusing on hackers working for governments and putting in place that policy so that the countries know that, if someone hacks a military target and the source is traced, they can attack that country or do something else about it.
    All rights reserved.