Thread: Expert Flash/Java Multi-player Game Developer!

Default Expert Flash/Java Multi-player Game Developer!

Big ups to the founders and moderators of TechJamaica!

Everywhere I look online it seems to be that "black" programmers are scarce much less Jamaicans. I am someone who is always thinking about "my people" (sometimes to a fault) and for this reason I am working on a website that caters to a popular Jamaican pass time - dominoes.

The "hottest ting" in North America right now is for companies to outsource their programming needs to India/Asia to take advantage of increased dollar value and decreased cost of living so why can't the same concept apply for reputable and knowledgeable developers in Jamaica who have an established liaison abroad?

Well I was surprised to see so many techies on this forum so I'm going to take a chance and make a call for response on a profile that is very specific. I'm not going to under estimate because I just started using Yii framework within a year and I come on this forum and I see post about Yii tuh backside so it means that Jamaicans on the island are as enthusiastic about tech and programming as people in foreign and you are staying up to the time with the technology. It is clear that the internet breaks down all information barriers so let us use it to our advantage.

So if you are passionate about programming and you have considerable experience, then this post is for you.

Are there any Jamaican Game Developer gurus out there?

I am a freelance Web Developer working on a uniquely demanding project and I am wondering if there are any other Game Developers out there with the proper profile and experience to outsource to or collaborate with...

Do you have experience developing multi-player Flash/Flex based games via a Java-based server like Flash Media Server, Red5 or other like servers? Maybe you once worked for a game development studio on such projects and you are now freelancing?

Are you a mature and experienced Java and AS3 programmer who understands and can rip apart the multi-layered infrastructure needed to host a massively scalable social gaming experience?

Do you have experience with Linux Server Admin, shell scripting, and the like?

Do you take pride in your understanding of OOP paradigms and principles and feel rewarded and relieved by writing clean, efficient code that just works?!

It seems like I may be asking for a lot but if there is anyone out there that fits this bill, then we can further discuss the details of my project.

Please respond with an introduction to yourself and a relevant profile with experience that speaks to the above.

Email me at sean {dot} t [at] sympatico |dot| ca

The true techies will understand why I had to break up the email address in that way.

I also think we should start an online IM chatroom where we can connect to discuss tech in real time, if there is anyone interested let me know. I think forum is great since it archives a lot of relevant information but there are certain advantages of real time chat.

Sean, I will assit you in that crusade.