Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: University with the best programmers in jamaica

Well i am not sure if the University Of Technology Jamaica,entered this competition,congrats NCU do well.I know that UWI did not sure if it was MONA either and since DOT net is not taught there they have a hill to climb

yes NCU (we) did do well. i feel so proud. next stop 4 us............ Japan!!!
    Mi sick inna mi head!!!

read this:
    http://www.techjamaica.com/content/view/898/50/

I wonder what the haters have to say now.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

I am 99% sure UTECH did not enter this and as i said was it UWI mona or some other campus.Anyway do well,i would prefer a concrete question as opposed to the braod definition because if you underate the competetion you may throw together a quaick n-tier app and loose to be honest arguably the best programmer out a JA did go to UTECH and i feel he hates windows.

n.b:He is not in JA now like most good IT people

well ur 1% wrong because UTECH did entered.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

Show me some evidence of this i see none,i dont know anybody who worked on this project.

Do you believe that the imagine cup question proves who are the best programming students in JA ?.

As i said give specific problems and grade solutions like the top coder challenge does ,UWI dont study .NET but they teach how to program in any type of language.

programming skill is not platform specific it is an art ,but some see it as a trade like carpentry.

I love .NET but is basically rehashing,no knew knowledge added calling classes and library's a pure dot net coder may never add any new substance to the programming profession and ironically learn only C# is used a little by microsoft,their coders are c/c++ guys.

I Have nothing against NCU but i see no evidence to support the threads creators claims anywhere overseas or locally.
    Last edited by raychen; May 26, 2005 at 01:13 PM.

digimon Guest

go NCU!!!! :-)........Mi know dem yute deh....a mi frend dem!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexdevmaster
    the war about who is better! Hmmmm...

I wonder what kind of applications jamaican students on a whole could put together if we all lended a hand. A big UWI, NCU, Utech collaboration. Maybe we could write something that could be the start of a huge mega-dollar international business, or maybe an application that would solve an economic problem for another country. Then Jamaican students could brag together!
    seriously, thats 100% positive

NCU coming up for sure

Ok, i admit it that UTECH students get hired more easily than NCU students. But wining competitions like these gives NCU students more credentials
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Dec 23, 2005 at 09:50 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Did the NCU team went to Japan?

I came across a thread with some prizes
    http://thespoke.net/forums/921770/ShowPost.aspx
    so I figured that they did not come first if they went.

Some of use kick them instead of supporting them though, like me

And THAT was th point of this entire thread
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

digimon Guest

lol. u nuh easy inuh crossie...

well, yeah, they went to japan but never got into the top three.

i hear that some of those that were competing were actually working for microsoft already and the whole point of the competition is to see how students can match up against them, so them boyz tell me