Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: University with the best programmers in jamaica

Default Re: University with the best programmers in jamaica

Fine but more accurately it should have been titled
    University with the best programmers in jamaica in DotNet

Utech's grading system is about the same Virus. What's UWI's like?
    “You perceive, therefore I am and I am that which I want you to perceive.”Cedric M. A. Beckford (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by crosswire
    Fine but more accurately it should have been titled
    University with the best programmers in jamaica in DotNet
    Na, not only DotNet we use C++, pascal and cobol to write GUI, sound drivers network sockets and stuff like that.
    Nickname: Virus
    Education: B.Sc. Computer Information Science, Asc. Mass Communication, MCSD, MCSE and CCNA

Quote Originally Posted by entertain_r
    Utech's grading system is about the same Virus. What's UWI's like?
    LOL....please note that these grades ARE NOT EASY TO COME BY...trust me on that

A+ 85-100
    A 77-84
    A- 70-76

B+ 66-69
    B 61-65
    B- 56-60

C+ 51-55
    C 47-50
    C- 44-46
    D 40-43
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------- PASS

E 37-39 (SUPPLEMENTAL....exam only resit)

FAIL under 36 (course do over)

I'm not sure this is correct...i try to keep my grades alteast above 60....few exceptions here and there but for the most part...I'm in the high 70s to 100 percent
    Last edited by Electrotechnic; Apr 22, 2005 at 12:14 AM.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix
    which university has the best programmers? utech or uwi? or is it another university that i dont hear much about on this forum? maybe NCU. well Northern caribbean University Programmers defeated Utech,Uwi and a host of others in the progamming competition put on by microsoft.

check this link

http://news.ncu.edu.jm/news_item.asp?NewsID=357
    Me did hear bout that competition, but is evening class me go and it seems Utech no rate evening people, me no know who represent utech but me knw all the best programmer in evening, and me know none of top man dem never enter.

the war about who is better! Hmmmm...

I wonder what kind of applications jamaican students on a whole could put together if we all lended a hand. A big UWI, NCU, Utech collaboration. Maybe we could write something that could be the start of a huge mega-dollar international business, or maybe an application that would solve an economic problem for another country. Then Jamaican students could brag together!

Just for the record Microsoft probably devised this competition to motivate the next generation to learn about its technolog. Cus Im sure alot of the entrants had to read tons of tutorials or chapters in books to write whatever project they came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by SQLDBA
    As for the competition the relevance is nearly nill because i know a lot of good coders at UTECH and UWI and they would not enter such a competition they are not competitive by nature.
    Or are busy doing real work and real programming. They don't have time for pointless competitions.
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Come on people....excuses excuses....NCU did well so give credit where credit is due...lol..apparently they need some form of motivation

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Can any one point me to a site that has more information on this image cup. I haven't seen one site (in english) that elaborates about the subject. This is of course dispite the one referred to elsewhere in this thread. I did a google!!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take but by the moments that take your breath away.