Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Python Developers in Jamaica

Default Python Developers in Jamaica

Do we have an active community of python developers in Jamaica, or is that we're still stuck on PHP and Dot net as the preferred web development platform of choice? BTW, if you are a python developer, please holla at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafer View Post
    Do we have an active community of python developers in Jamaica, or is that we're still stuck on PHP and Dot net as the preferred web development platform of choice? BTW, if you are a python developer, please holla at me.
    I have python and ruby on my "to learn" list. A bit too busy for it now but I'll jump into it as soon as school is out.

PHP is not all bad when used properly.

Thanks Jay...the reason why I posed that question was that the hottest start-up right now, Quora decided to go with Python as opposed to PHP, which is the development platform Facebook is built on. So considering the fact that all Quora's founders whom at one point worked at Facebook, then decided to use Python as their development platform of choice, was somewhat surprising. In addition, Python also appears to be the coding language that Google seems to favour as well, so this may be an indication that in the long-run, python and ruby on rails will be the tools that developer's use to build the next generation of web apps.

All personal preference and knowledge really. Python does bring some extra flexibility to the table though.

Stutch...how active is the developer community in Barbados.

Just seeing this post...I have a really good friend who uses Python. This is his blog http://rhysallister.com/ . He has been a bit delinquent with his posts but I will definitely ask him to link you.

Btw, I am working on meeting your 1 week deadline re the proposal for the disrupt...don't think I have forgotten :-) Will link you soon.
    Education is key to breaking the cycle of poverty globally.

Thanks Precision. You need to get in contact with me ASAP (raferbop@gmail.com). I would like to show some of the UI sketches that I have, and the revised design of the landing page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafer View Post
    Stutch...how active is the developer community in Barbados.
    Programming / IT are not my profession, just a hobby so I can't really speak with any authority. However, in my opinion, it is very limited. There are a few companies but the quality of work really isn't that good. As far as I know, no online or offline developer 'community' per se exists. There are a couple of other devs I know, but the number is very limited.

It would be great if we could form a network around the Caribbean.

im an active python dev.. i recently posted saying that we need a subchannel dedicated to python around here.
    ► with me... now ■ and think...