Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ccna looking for an opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by crazeeplayer View Post
    the question that i ask is this?

how much money should one with the above mentioned skillset/knowledge and qualifications should be earning?..... whats the market rate out there?.... i need to know so wen i go on interviews i can know the salary range that i should COMFORTABLY ask for.
    That "Bsc" in your sig, is that a Bachelors? If so in what? But from you have a Bachelors and a Cert which you seem to have two of them you should be entitled to MIS/IT4-5 from the little that I have read around. But here lies your problem several Jamaican companies do not know the weight/value of a Cert so it being on your resume means very little those who do know the value of the Certs usually already have those kind of individuals employed and lastly in your case a lot of companies don't use Cisco equipment so having someone with those certs would not benefit them they would more look for individuals with things like MCITP (or however its abbreviated), Server +, A+, N+ etc.......
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

yeah is a Bsc in Information & Communication Technology + CCNA...... plan to get CCNA SECURITY by end OF Year..........

so any more tips or advice?
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

Quote Originally Posted by crazeeplayer View Post
    yeah is a Bsc in Information & Communication Technology + CCNA...... plan to get CCNA SECURITY by end OF Year..........

so any more tips or advice?
    Yeah pray to the Gods or migrate
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

*sigh - nuhboddy nah listen u kno..

i bet u guys work for a private company correct? within a private company, unless ur MIS/IT Scale is high - they expect u to do everything from PC Repair to programming and reward u with a salary lower than ur scale.. thats how private companies work!!

thats why im telling u guys to do like i did..
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

update

well i just got my 6th letter in the mail yesterday stating no vacancy......................... so yea..................... struggle continues.........

but im not stopping till i get through....journey goes on an on
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

Could one of you gentlepeople please direct to a web or physical location where I may find nformation on the MIS/IT scales ? A Google search has turned up nothing for me.

Post edit: I have found a salary scale, but not the responsibilities attached
    Last edited by Satanforce; Nov 18, 2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: found the pay scale