Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ccna looking for an opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    the router im using is a mikrotik router.. i use a program called "winbox" which telnet's (or SSH, i think there is encryption) and provides a GUI for the router's OS

check out http://www.mikrotik.com/
    I know about mikrotik, so you are into the wireless industry?
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

i work at a high school as the sys admin - it just so happens that the school is replacing a wired network with a wireless network so im both sys admin + network admin

anyway lets not jack the mans thread to talk about this..
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

i work at a high school as the sys admin - it just so happens that the school is replacing a wired network with a wireless network so im both sys admin + network admin

u right about that..................
    this thread is for every certified persons (cisco) or any other cert for that fact that is knocking on the door but cant quite make it as yet...............

well im off to study for ccna security exam....... crossing fingers for that big break
    Last edited by crazeeplayer; Jul 9, 2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

TwistedPair Guest

@Ropy. sorry to hear bout that.
    @TS after I got my CCNA 3 years ago I applied to every telecom and networking firm in JA, still waiting for a reply. I had better luck applying for a sysadmin position at medium sized company. They use CISCO routers to link all the branches and maintaining and rolling out new services such as VOIP and site-to-site VPNs is where I got my practice. I would also encourage you volunteer your skills and gain some more experience, many years ago as part of a general network overhaul at the Salvation Army I helped by configuring VLANS for the new network, needless to say that went on my resume.

It's not an attempt to Hi-jack the thread but as I see it, an opportunity for people with Cisco certifications to see and realize that there are many other avenues available that one can take to get to where you ultimately want to be. There are many smaller companies now embracing and utilizing technology into their daily operations and not just the big guys I see most people trying to get jobs with because they have Cisco certs, these smaller companies are areas worth investigating while job hunting. You are the perfect example as I have been watching your progress through your job hunting highs and lows for awhile now.

Little did you know your first real opportunity would take you so far away from home and basically has nothing to do with Cisco but gave you the ability to exercise the principles of networking that you learned up to this point. Now if and when you decide to move on to another job be it with Cisco equipment or otherwise you will be able to show any potential employer that he can have confidence in you abilities when deciding to hire you for a network admin job; not because you have a Cisco cert but because you have previous experience and have also have the cert.

I see too many people with Cisco Certification believing that it gives them the right to work with Cisco equipment and a big pay cheque which is way far from the truth and this is something I know first hand from personal experience. I know it is a harsh reality to fathom but that is it the way it is.
    my location 10.10.10.10 subnet ?

well, cisco knowledge does kinda co-releate with what i do- but everything is a learning experience.. its nice that the exposure to wireless technology is there which i prob wouldnt get much of in most other places

@Twisted Pair - thats what we have been saying - try to apply to systems admin positions because they utilize both the hardware (routers, switches, and even hubs and firewalls) and software (winOS, Linux) and give you the most well rounded experience
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

UPDATE-----

STILL HAVENT GOT A "REAL" JOB as yet........................ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its really frustrating working for little when you know ur worth an u doing the work but u not getting anything for it..

JA ECONOMY SUCKS!!!!!
    DIP+BSC+CCNA+CCSP an still cant even get a work muchless an interview..............

ccsp too?

that is...disturbing..

well the ccsp is actually for citrix (citrix certified sales professional)
    but yea it sucks
    might as well sign up for the ccnp classes

Quote Originally Posted by crazeeplayer View Post
    well the ccsp is actually for citrix (citrix certified sales professional)
    but yea it sucks
    might as well sign up for the ccnp classes
    if you have the time and money, but these certs dont mean a thing without some amount of experience behind it..

have you tried xomo? if i remember correctly they are our local citrix 'distributor' if you want to call it that