Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ccna looking for an opportunity

Default ccna looking for an opportunity

guys im a ccna + bsc just looking for an opportunity to utilise my skillset as telecom / networking is really my passion...............
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

you are not alone on that one but its seems as if i cant kick the door open, probably because i haven't receive a job to give me some real valuable experience
    There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult

Cisco Certified Network Associate(CCNA)

sounds like me - have CCNA (by december) + Bachelors in Data Coms.. and i've been unemployed for a year now.. Good luck

that seems 2 be my problem too - i just cant seem to even land an entry level job in the field! they always ask "do you have any working experience with Blah?" and i say "very little to none".. i dont get it.. how are people out of school supposed to get jobs if no1 is willing to hire the inexperienced and train them?
    Last edited by vylle; Apr 25, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Do any of you guys have experience with Linux server admin (preferably RHEL)?
    "Fortune Favors the Bold" -Virgil

only recently have i started fiddling with ubuntu on a virtual machine.. i have some terminal experience but that is about it.. i wonder if there is a "linux server for dummies book..."

but really, how does one gain working experience with Linux server if you cant get a job to learn or even afford the certification programs? downloading and fiddling with a random server OS isnt effective training.. seriously, sometimes i wonder how do they expect people to learn these things if noone is willing to recruit and train them?

bwoy , Jamaica....
    Last edited by vylle; Apr 25, 2011 at 08:33 PM.
    Facebook || Twitter

are you willing to apprentice for free or little .

depends on where i'd be interning to and for how long
    Facebook || Twitter

I can point you in the right direction for RHEL administration but at this point I can't offer a paid position based on your skill set. I would advise you to take the Linux administration seriously because that will give you the option to have a profitable freelance biz on the side if you so choose.

i would take that up sumo but seriously.. isnt there such a thing as too much certifications?
    i'm already doing CCNA.. planning on doing CCNP and i'm also doing MCSE training.. its great to have the knowledge but last thing i want to do is bulk myself up with a gazillion certs and have 0 working experience

the way i see it - it seems the working world will always reward less and demand more than what i can offer..
    Last edited by vylle; Apr 26, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Facebook || Twitter

vylle I'm not talking about certification, I'm talking about competence. In the freelance world certification can help but the main determinant is definitely not certs. The reason I'm telling you to looking into Linux server admin is because I know good Linux admins are always in demand. Most of the websites and apps are going the open-source route and having a solid skill set based around the LAMP stack is as good a bet as you can make.