Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASUS Eee Slate with Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    Now this should make things interesting...it's been announced since the top of the year but it's available.

Full Windows, tablet style...would you get this?

You can get it on Amazon for just over $1000, though it's temporarily out of stock.

Specs:

Here's a review complete with video: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/ubbt...p?Number=40230
    I don't know why an item in this day and age would have USB 2.0 ports other from that I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    if i was into tablets i would def get this...i dont kno the specs of the others tabs but these look hella sweet!......kinda pricy tho
    It actually destroys every other tablet I have seen in regards to specs.

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    its sexy the 32gb model is in stock on amazon though
    Whats the price of that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    That's true, but remember that HD also contains the OS, Apps and Documents. Another thing to note is that the 32GB version only comes with 2GB of memory.
    Yes but the question is, is that 2GB expandable to the 4GB? It stated it has a slot so one could argue that you can change the memory, I agree with you about the 32GB version because my Windows 7 installation is around mid 20 or late 20s with initially installation.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

The 64GB version comes with 4GB of memory and cost only $100 more, that's more than enough reason for me to not get the 32GB version.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Some new release are scheduled to be released , this one here is the slate. The new releases are the Slider and Transformer. It worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I don't know why an item in this day and age would have USB 2.0 ports other from that I love it.
    What's wrong with USB 2.0 ports? How many USB 3.0 devices do you have? That's a small niggle I think that can be overlooked.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

I'm disappointed about the level of battery life. < 3hrs in this day and age is just like coming quick.
    Be what's next!

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post
    What's wrong with USB 2.0 ports? How many USB 3.0 devices do you have? That's a small niggle I think that can be overlooked.
    Its bloody slow I guess for the average user its okay but for anyone who is deep in media Tech whether its audio, video and in my case image one of my RAW files is around 11mb, I plan to do a full upgrade desktop, Netbook and external hard drive to all USB 3.0 I just would have expected for a 2011 product it would have USB 3.0 because even the Netbook I have one of their models is USB 3.0.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

a core i5? no wonder the thing drain out in 3 hrs
    >>Insert something witty here<<

Last edited by Technoboy; Apr 26, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+