Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why not Nokia N8 ??

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    giving a n8 to a none techie is a bad idea. it is surely a techies device.
    Sorry to burst your bubble Pezz, but the arguments that has been bandied about as it relates to the N8 are that it is boring, not versatile, buggy and slow, familiar with an outdated OS(Symbian 3 is just cosmetic) and non competitive when compared with other phones in its price range, Did you know that in the last 6 months the price of the N8 has dropped by $150? thats a 27% decline.
    Simple is good.

As to nokia what do you call jail breaking? Is there unofficial symbian os floating around? I might not know.

Mine is unlocked, not laggy at all. i would surely toss it if your statements were true.
    Well if u notice there was a few a them selling on techja sie when dem just release for as low as 40k, there are ways to tweak the os making apps run faster phone run smoother out of the box not even the touch works properly check you tube you will also see a video of the lagging.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by jammin View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble Pezz, but the arguments that has been bandied about as it relates to the N8 are that it is boring, not versatile, buggy and slow, familiar with an outdated OS(Symbian 3 is just cosmetic) and non competitive when compared with other phones in its price range, Did you know that in the last 6 months the price of the N8 has dropped by $150? thats a 27% decline.
    So giving a non versatile OS to a normal person seems smart to you?
    lol
    I agree OS looks outdated. Easily fixable for me though.

If competition is huge whats so bad about a company dropping price to compete? Every known company does this.

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    Well if u notice there was a few a them selling on techja sie when dem just release for as low as 40k, there are ways to tweak the os making apps run faster phone run smoother out of the box not even the touch works properly check you tube you will also see a video of the lagging.
    i dont need to check youtube. i have one. My touch screen works perfectly. maybe my n8 has a earlier firmware than ones you saw.

Also incase I am blind, my friends with androids and iphones wold have surely told me if it lags and is slow. They surely laughed at my omnia II with windows mobile.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Wait ... Price Dropping on a Mobile Phone is a bad thing ? ... lol what sort of non sense are we talking about by the way ? Everything on the market always starts on a High Price tag for example years back all latest Pc Video cards were always at $500 and given a few months it drops to $300 its called the evolution of technology .. Or are you Just So filthy Rich that you can only buy the best of the crop and Throw $ 400+ more for a Electronic Device ?
    Also In Regards of the N8 Being complicated .. i wonder how is it compared to a android device Or a Blackberry ? If comparing technical Specs surely Android devices have a Huge Jump over the N8 and BlackBerrys , but then again its quite near impossible to Stick to one and call it the best .. since android devices are produced technically every 1-2 months whilst blackberry and Nokia produce only a few per year and less than half of all android devices put together. Thus help making Gold Prices Rise if you think about it ..
    My N8 also doesn't lag with Pr1.1 and i don't even Use the Custom O.S and i don't Get the Purple Tint Screen which im happy for ..
    By the Way if someone Truly wanted a Simplistic Mobile Phone tell them to get a old Fashion Cellphone that only Send and Receive calls .. The ones before text Messages were created ..
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilWolf View Post
    Wait ... Price Dropping on a Mobile Phone is a bad thing ? ... lol what sort of non sense are we talking about by the way ? Everything on the market always starts on a High Price tag for example years back all latest Pc Video cards were always at $500 and given a few months it drops to $300 its called the evolution of technology .. Or are you Just So filthy Rich that you can only buy the best of the crop and Throw $ 400+ more for a Electronic Device ?
    Also In Regards of the N8 Being complicated .. i wonder how is it compared to a android device Or a Blackberry ? If comparing technical Specs surely Android devices have a Huge Jump over the N8 and BlackBerrys , but then again its quite near impossible to Stick to one and call it the best .. since android devices are produced technically every 1-2 months whilst blackberry and Nokia produce only a few per year and less than half of all android devices put together. Thus help making Gold Prices Rise if you think about it ..
    My N8 also doesn't lag with Pr1.1 and i don't even Use the Custom O.S and i don't Get the Purple Tint Screen which im happy for ..
    By the Way if someone Truly wanted a Simplistic Mobile Phone tell them to get a old Fashion Cellphone that only Send and Receive calls .. The ones before text Messages were created ..

Somebody shoot da bro yah!!!!!!
    how on God's earth him come up wid da kind a argument yah?
    obviously him miss the context of the discussion. Go reread the thread.
    Simple is good.

First of all that huge paragraph wasn't an argument, just starting the fact that technology evolves and the primitive tech gets cheaper... But since you insist to stick to the main topic, the local market I believe has given up on the mobile market .. Example lime is focused on upgrades and range of their services. Digicel is focused on their so called 4G and skipped 3G although out was really a gamble in the first place since there wasn't really much 3G phones in the market.
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

giving a n8 to a none techie is a bad idea. it is surely a techies device.
    How will that affect sales ?
    Those who do not understand UNIX are doomed to reinvent it poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillion View Post
    How will that affect sales ?
    I wasnt talking about sales. The guy said n8 is for people who are not tech savy.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I been loving this phone before it even release. Since my N81 8gb did it's time and I had to par with a Blackberry that ma sister had, I been wanting to trade it for a Nokia N8.

These phone companies we have in this country seem to have some contract with Blackberry so they only concentrating on marketing those smartphones since not much people in Jamaica are tech savy enough to try or even suggesting more varieties.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

I wasnt talking about sales. The guy said n8 is for people who are not tech savy.
    assume you are referring to me. I did not say that. was just highlighting the N8's
    plainness when compared to other phones in its class. BTW how you dealing with the non-removable battery issue? battery go bad... you phone dun
    Simple is good.